Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Stolen side mount tanks

    Sadly, two of my side mount tanks have disappeared. They are HP 100s with left-handed valves
    marked Odell 2 and Odell 4

    serials numbers:
    3400825
    3400808

    I've been unemployed since December and can't afford to replace them, so I'd be very, very happy to have these returned. I will not press charges if they are returned. You can always drop them off to the place they were stolen from. On a busy weekend, nobody will notice, or have a friend drop them off.

    Please, do the right thing.

    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Anonymous

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Perhaps if you post where they were nicked from it will jog someones memory.

    Charles Studley

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Geneva Indiana
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Sorry Irene I really hope you get them back.
    It is pretty tough to mistake your gear from someone else's and I have NO MERCY for the culprit!
    I hope he or she is identified and let nature take its course.
    I have been in busy dive locations and watched others pick through gear that did not belong to them.
    In these instances I went off and they moved on rather quickly!
    It just plain sucks when you have to have your gear strapped on or in immediate view to keep it from walking away!

    JCG


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    That is a punch in the gut Im sure. Sadly I doubt if the thieves are on this forum though. Good luck gettng em back.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stairman View Post
    Sadly I doubt if the thieves are on this forum though.
    Let's hope not. Sorry for your lost but, I think if I were you I would take Charles' suggestion and post the dive location.

    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

  6. #6

    Default

    THanks for the kind thoughts everyone. The tanks were stolen from a shop, not a dive site. Out of kindness for the owners, I'm going to refrain from naming it.
    Since it is a shop, it would be very easy for someone to return them . . . or to have a friend drop them off. I'm not interested in causing problems for anyone who may have initially intended to "borrow" them...I just want them back.

    PM me if you want to make private arrangements. No questions asked.

    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Anonymous

  7. #7
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    In both of the shops where I work, key employees are allowed to just take any tanks we want whenever we want to use them. We're *supposed* to make sure they're SHOP tanks, not CUSTOMER tanks.

    Hopefully, that's what happened to yours.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brandon, Fl.
    Posts
    498

    Default

    We can do the same at my shop I work with. We don't take customer tanks though. It could easily be done if the shop is busy enough. I hope that is the case for you.


  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    I had tanks that were "removed" from a dive shop. Apparently someone else needed them more than I did. In my case the owner of the shop made things right for me.

    Has the owner made no mention of setting things right for you? That seems a bit odd...

    Curious, was other gear taken, or just your tanks. In my case they were apparently after LP 95's specifically.

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I agree, if you left the tanks there for service, and got a service tag, or some other receipt, then the shop owner should replace them.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Lg nomad side mount
    By RescueTechDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 09:38 PM
  2. side mount rig
    By wlamm in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
  3. Side mount curiosity
    By Michelle in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 04:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts