Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ry-dbar View Post
    Congratulations!
    I have just recently taken an interest in all of this.
    I hope to get my Cavern soon too!
    If any one has any suggestions for an instructor, I would appreciate it! I live in Northern California.
    Come dive the Mill pond. Get your training from Rob Neto. Dive JB, Hole in the wall and Twin.
    http://chipoladivers.com/


    RAL

    What me worry?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Age
    78
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Congratulations! Enjoy the caverns! It's all good. And remember, one step at a time!!

    Mike

    "Breathe in, breathe out, move one." - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Congrats on your cavern training. Don't think its not much. I always heard cavern training was 75 percent of full training. This came up just recently with one instructor who told me on the side he wished it was a four day course that has to be compressed. Hope you enjoy your dives and learn from them taking time to develop before progressing to the next class if that ends up being where you head.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Congratulations!

    Quote Originally Posted by ry-dbar
    Congratulations!
    I have just recently taken an interest in all of this.
    I hope to get my Cavern soon too!
    If any one has any suggestions for an instructor, I would appreciate it! I live in Northern California.
    No caverns in California, at least none where training would be safe. You'll have to travel to North Florida or Mexico to get your cavern training.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAL
    Come dive the Mill pond. Get your training from Rob Neto. Dive JB, Hole in the wall and Twin.
    http://chipoladivers.com/


    RAL
    Thanks, Rog!


    Quote Originally Posted by tomhauburn View Post
    Congrats on your cavern training. Don't think its not much. I always heard cavern training was 75 percent of full training. This came up just recently with one instructor who told me on the side he wished it was a four day course that has to be compressed. Hope you enjoy your dives and learn from them taking time to develop before progressing to the next class if that ends up being where you head.
    Two days is definitely not enough. I'd like at least a 3rd day, but unless all the agencies change, none will.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley


 

Similar Threads

  1. Newly certified though NACD -- need gear
    By LiquidLogic in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts