Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ridge manor, florida
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Crumpton welding supply.

    crumptonweldingsupply.com


  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Many Plusses for Dave. I have know him for, geez, 23 years and lots of dives.
    When I bring my tanks to him I help him in the shop.
    He is METICULOUS. There is a reason his prices might be a little higher.
    Satisfaction is guaranteed.
    Spend some time at the shop. He is a great guy and quite the character!

    "Is this thing on?"

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior View Post
    It is interesting to me, why your shop only charges $20 for hydro, vip and fill. That's dirt, dirt cheap.

    Here in Miami, it's $40 for the hydro, $15-$20 for the vip, and then $10ish for the nitrox fill, which I found hard to stomach. I have no problem paying $40 for hydro vip and Nx, but am certainly glad to hear of a shop that does a good job for less.
    $20 is cheap for a hydro, but our visuals, reg repairs, air, nitrox, O2 fills and classes are cheap too. We have not gone up in price for years. With the economy the way it is we are trying to keep cost low to keep people diving, and hopefully spending what little money they have at their LDS. If people are diving they break gear and need to replace it or fix it, thats where we come in.
    Also, being located in Lakeland we are not a diving destination, so our prices are typically lower than a coastal shop.

    Matt Vinzant

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    I never let a LDS hydro squat. They seem to fail tanks that are OK. They said 2 aluminum 80's failed their 1st hydro, because the new thread eddy tester went off.
    Well I can attest that ANY thread will fail if you screw it beyond the threads into the tanks. DUH.........
    I use a place that services fire extinguishers. They are way cheaper and don't have the open water shop mentality. You may have one in your area. To them, a tank is a tank, no matter what it holds.
    I do the same here in GA, never had a problem and I've taken some pretty old tanks to them.


  5. #15
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior View Post
    It is interesting to me, why your shop only charges $20 for hydro, vip and fill. That's dirt, dirt cheap.

    Here in Miami, it's $40 for the hydro, $15-$20 for the vip, and then $10ish for the nitrox fill, which I found hard to stomach. I have no problem paying $40 for hydro vip and Nx, but am certainly glad to hear of a shop that does a good job for less.
    In Miami it's $20 just to get the guy out of the chair...



 

Similar Threads

  1. Bill Jackson's SCUBA Party on March 7 in the Tampa Bay Area
    By tech2diver in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM
  2. Technical Diver Meet & Greet in Tampa Bay Area
    By tech2diver in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 11:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts