Quote Originally Posted by aquadog196 View Post
Thanks Kelly, Jim, and Forrest . I happened to be at Madison several weeks ago when the river was rising a bit and witnessed
the 'ranger' making his off hand comments about it being 'almost closing time'. Several of us that overheard him thought ....
.. you're basing this on what? Yes, the tannic river water was approaching the basin but there was a strong outflow from the system.
Indeed , the next morning he had closed it. I have wondered if occasionally this decision is made too quickly and without merit.
Its good to know that several knowledgeable cave divers also monitor the closing of Madison.
We are with you about having the place open. In fact,they really want us and the swimmers there and this recently became self evident with the issue of the state budget and park closure issue. When they have to eliminate diving and swimming because the river rises,this hurts their attendence numbers,which ulimately hurts their economic impact numbers,and keeps the park on the closure radar screen. I have had some good discussions regarding this,and us being there is "job security". I am checking frequently,and once we can get acceptable conditions,it will be posted for sure,and looking forward to seeing everyone there (and using the new tank benches we built