Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21

    Default

    Cool stuff, thanks for the heads up. I made the mistake of tuning in an hour too early, 0818 eastern is 0718 here. Oh well how else would I have known Judge Judy was hospitalized with bad gas?


    RAL

    What me worry?

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    ... how else would I have known Judge Judy was hospitalized with bad gas?
    Daytime TV is so informative! How would we live without it?

    Walter, great segment on the Today Show. I liked the shot of the chamber with the dual rappel.

    -Jon


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    I thought I missed it but 7 hours later there it is. Thanks guys. Funny they mentioned murky when at the time it was crystal clear. Looks like alot of history left down there to explore.


  4. #24

    Default

    I have added the video segment to my site if you haven't already seen it - http://j.mp/eDvph3


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Geneva Indiana
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Walter hoping into those wells was one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time.
    Your discoveries are very interesting and awesome contribution to the unraveling of the Mayan culture.
    Please keep us posted on the new findings.
    For cave divers this is the top of the shelf entertainment!
    Thank you to you and the team for bringing these new findings to light.

    JCG


  6. #26

    Default

    JCG...It is 100% a team effort. Most times you drop a well/hole and you get nothing. The hole that the pot is in was found by Brett Hemphill and Mike Young on our 2010 trip. The BIG room that myself and Jon Bojar rappelled tandem into was my gift..I was the first ever to drop it. If it looks like it is filled with gasoline and cow dung Curt (Team Coordinator) will usually pick someone (not their turn) and tell them they are up. He did that to me this last trip and I ended up exploring the "Buford" of the Yucatan...just clearer water.

    We explored about 120 holes in 2010 and only 43 this year. The first week this year was pretty much getting 27 hours of footage for that 5 minute segment. The "Chac Mol" award went to Jon Bojar for being the only person skinny enough to fit though a hole and drop a well we sounded to 195'. It bottomed out at 265'


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fort smith AR.
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Was the hole smaller than that one I droped by the pyramid? Wow 265' that's the deepest so far wasn't our deepest 230'

    blessed are the cracked for they let in the light!

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deepairmike View Post
    Was the hole smaller than that one I droped by the pyramid? Wow 265' that's the deepest so far wasn't our deepest 230'
    I think you and Brett did 240. The hole was different yours was simply a mole hole with pipes. Jon's was a well with slats cemented in. Both had the width of an 80 (barely), you both had to be pulled out Yours was BY FAR more fun to watch!


  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea View Post
    I have added the video segment to my site if you haven't already seen it - http://j.mp/eDvph3
    Thanks Walter.


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey, everyone. Glad many of you liked the piece I did for Today. Hanging out with Walter, Curt, and the others was a blast and I expect we'll be doing some more diving in the near future.

    Best,
    josh

    ___

    Josh Bernstein
    Explorer • Educator • Environmental Advocate
    http://www.joshbernstein.com


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Japanese TV show featured local cave diver
    By Squirrel Girl in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
  3. WIRED magazine features cave diving today
    By RebreatherPro.com in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 02:33 PM
  4. Book signing today at the Cave Diving Museum
    By Starryskies in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 01:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts