Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    672

    Default Full Cave ... Finally

    When I first got into diving over a decade ago I knew I wanted to dive caves. For years I never had the extra money for equipment and training. Eventually I got to start piecing together equipment and found some extra money for training. So on weekends without homework or pending exams I started training. I worked my way through adv nox/deco/trimix/adv trimix to cavern. I was ready for cave when I graduated college, got a really good job and moved to Arizona.

    Fast forward four years and I'm back in the southeast, getting back into diving and I bump into my old instructor. I got the thought back into my head, made a quick trip to Vortex and Morrison and I was bitten by the bug again. After a little bit of gathering equipment and research I was ready to proceed. After few weekends of diving (ok several) I FINALLY finished full cave.

    I would like to thank my instructors, Jim Charles and Edd Sorenson, for their time, dedication, ability to work with my schedule and willingness to allow me to train in sidemount. It was an awesome experience (oh and I will never go back to backmount ).


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Congratulations!


  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Nor will you ever have extra $$$ money again. It's already all spoken for, and you don't even know it yet !!

    Welcome to the other side.

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  4. #4

    Default

    Congrats


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, Kansas
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Congrats, that's awesome!!!!


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quebec city
    Age
    45
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Really good! Now your extra money can be use to come and dive in Mexico

    Etienne Rousseau

    Revo rebreather Instructor
    Cave Instructor
    --------------------------
    http://www.plongeecapitale.com/

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brandon, Fl.
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Congrats!!!!


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Congrats. But I would not shut the dire on bm completely


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    222

    Default

    ya, don't ditch backmount completely... I have double 72's I use when I'm teaching open water. It's much much easier when you're teaching non technical type courses and if you're boat diving etc... food for thought


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    welcome to the darkside

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM
  2. finally vacations, cave hunting season is open!!
    By Neptuno in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts