Anyone using an odyssey pc925 (12v28ah) instead of the genesis 12v26ah??? Both are made by enersys and the odyssey has a year longer warranty. Dimensions are about the same. TNR batteries are out of the genesis till June. Bill
Anyone using an odyssey pc925 (12v28ah) instead of the genesis 12v26ah??? Both are made by enersys and the odyssey has a year longer warranty. Dimensions are about the same. TNR batteries are out of the genesis till June. Bill
"With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."
"Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire
Bill
The biggest difference I think you will find is the Genesis weigh about 22 lbs each and the Odysseys are about 26 lbs each. That is a difference of 8 lbs for a 2 battery housing and may make your DPV very negative. Performance wise, I would not expect much difference at the discharge rates we typically see with the DPV motors we use. Either way, make sure you order the correct terminals to mate to your wiring harness.
I think most divers would see a drastic increase in cycles if they never made more than one dive per full charge on SLA batteries. The number of cycles available on a SLA battery life span is inversely proportional to the depth of discharge. I hear divers all the time saying "I only put 45 minutes on my 90 minute batteries this dive so I can get a 2nd 45 minute dive on them before recharging". Although this may be true, the depth of discharge is much deeper and cuts drastically into the cycle life. The reason lead batteries in our cars/trucks last for so long (thousands of cycles) is that the depth of discharge is very low since after the engine is started by the battery the alternator takes over and is providing the energy and immediately recharges the battery.
Vince
Last edited by OutlawCaver; 03-21-2011 at 08:54 PM.
"Have you ever noticed
When you're feeling really good
There's always a pigeon
That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020
"Into the blue again; in the silent water
Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads
Since most of my scooter dives are at Jackson Blue and Ginnie I'm usually able to give my scooter a full charge between dives. I've always gotten good life out of my batteries.
Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.
First
Ditch the Lead, its just to expensive!
sure the upfront cost of Lead VS LFP then Lead wins but the long term LFP beats Lead
plus the bonus of moving to LFP is you have a 40Ah
26Ah Lead and a 40Ah LFP (First Gen)
40Ah second battery pack (Second Gen)
three of the four packs I built.
Burn Times started at 170min and are increasing with use, yea increasing.
expected Life of the Packs are around 8 years!
===============================
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson
its about $850 per pack with charger
===============================
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson
I am selling the Third Pack
its about 6 months old
$800 no charger
No shipping, Local buyer only. (South East US)
for support and troubleshooting of any issues.
Reason for selling:
I built it so that I could stack 2 packs in a 42Ah Hull and run in parallel (making a 80Ah)
however my math was a bit off and the packs are too long to fit in the 42Ah hull![]()
===============================
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson
Bookmarks