Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 77 of 77
  1. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    I've been to Mexico a couple of times. While there's great cave diving there, I prefer the caves in Florida. But that could just be me...and the caves I dive...

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCDdiver View Post
    You're missing out on some great cave diving!
    I'm living in the middle of great cave diving though...


  3. #73

    Default

    Man i can't wait to go to Florida or any other cave i never visited and you definetely have to see Mexico!


  4. #74
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lake City FL
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    Huh?

    Have you seen North Florida politics? Do you WANT that in MX?
    Just had dinner with a guild and someone who has lived in Mx for the past six years. They have politics just like North Fl from what I heard in the conversation. Nice conversations. From the small amount of cave dives I did down here ( 11 ) I saw well run line in during our dives. Now what they are doing with some of the open water cavern dives by some of the guilds would raise the hair on the back of your neck. Not that the one I talked to was doing the bad stuff. FWIW Mexico is lovely right now and has wonderful caves.


  5. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quebec city
    Age
    45
    Posts
    272

    Default

    We are very lucky to have the kind of cave we have in Mexico, It's amazingly beautiful. I went to Florida once and it's nicely different, but I would not trade...

    Bad cavern guide are a minority. most of them do a good job.

    Etienne Rousseau

    Revo rebreather Instructor
    Cave Instructor
    --------------------------
    http://www.plongeecapitale.com/

  6. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Puerto Aventuras, MX
    Age
    52
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauro Bordignon View Post
    Man i can't wait to go to Florida or any other cave i never visited and you definetely have to see Mexico!
    Same here Mauro! I'm looking forward to visiting Florida caves, Abaco caves, the Lot, I heard Italian caves are not too bad either!

    Quote Originally Posted by Attchoum View Post
    We are very lucky to have the kind of cave we have in Mexico, It's amazingly beautiful. I went to Florida once and it's nicely different, but I would not trade...

    Bad cavern guide are a minority. most of them do a good job.
    Agree with you Etienne, we are blessed! They are 'our' caves! And we protect them, care for them, tell them cave divers stories at night... am I going off track??

    Local guides are not all rubbish, that is also true!

    Looking forward to diving with you guys!


  7. #77

    Default

    Italian caves are really cool, only pretty cold and deep!
    About Mexico: as far as they told me, yes call me a newby, the idea of giving recreational divers a cavern tour was intended to attract them to cave diving, like a dsd padi program for caves, the idea converted fast into big business...
    The good thing is that in Mexico we have the perfect conditions to do it safely, there are so many windows that it is easy to swim for 45 minutes and still be in open water in just 3 in case anything happens.
    Some new cavern lines are a bit darker let's say... There's open water all the time but it is a bit too dark for the average rec diver, that's why the guides should be responsible when choosing who they are going to take in these places.
    What i do not like is the common habit of swimming off the line, that's the only thing that really bothers me, much more than seeing old style guides with yoke regs and equipment as old as cave diving, i consider this Mexican folklore, it took me a bit but finally i got it... you can't change Mexico...
    Mauro



 

Similar Threads

  1. Old Lines in Little River - History?
    By Serota in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 04:44 AM
  2. Eagle's Nest Lines
    By OutlawCaver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 07:35 PM
  3. Double Lines
    By Rick Palm in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 08:46 AM
  4. Harvey's Cave - 2 lines at 20 ft
    By aw in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 10:07 AM
  5. Ginnie Lines
    By wingman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 05:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts