Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11

    Default

    I was told about it by a shop owner who had customers who said they use to dive it. Third hand information I know. But I know there are dry caves in that area and on a topo it looks like a nice gorge and has the same characteristics that I have seen at other springs.
    It is about 3 hours away for me, that is why I wanted to ask here before driving out there.
    Thanks for the info, I will put it on the back burner for now and if I find myself in that area, I will have a look.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dun, PA
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Scott did I meet you this Saturday at a local dive shop in Hershey, PA?


  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tswain View Post
    Scott did I meet you this Saturday at a local dive shop in Hershey, PA?
    That was probably me.


  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    Scott, was there last May. Could find no opening,Who told you it was divable? This is a 6 foot deep hole in the middle of a small mountain stream. The bottom is clear of gravel. I was sure there had to be a hole there, but could not find one. Nothing I could even stick my hand in. I live about 40 miles from there. Have been thinking I missed somthing and should go back. It may be better to go in September when water level is low.
    What did it look like under that ledge where the clear water mixes with the brown stream water? There has to be something there, even if it isn't big enough to get in.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manns Choice,PA
    Posts
    253

    Unhappy

    Mostly solid rock, The stream is clear and about 6-10 inches deep. The botton upstream edge of the hole was solid rock, but free of and gravel. I had visions of laying virgin line. Two of us were in there and neither one could see any opening.There has to be some water coming in to keep the bottom free of gravel. I know of an abandon flooded coal mine I have been in about 125 feet. The water is very acid. tarnished my gauges. I am afraid of the ceiling caving in as it has already done so extensivly. Only the top three feet of the original shaft is open. It is also Posted with no trespass signs.


  6. #16

    Default

    Can you pm me the info on the mine? Don't think I would dive it, but it sounds cool.
    Thanks for the info on blue hole spring.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Jug Spring Blue Hole & Madison Dive Reports
    By MedCop in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:08 AM
  2. Alachua Sink, Morgan Spring, & Jug Hole
    By CaptainSpeleo in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
  3. Charles Spring and Jug Hole
    By John L. in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
  4. Diving Jug Hole Spring
    By tdmp in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
  5. Jug Hole (Blue Hole)
    By imported_admin in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 01:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts