Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Default Blue hole spring, Pa

    Just received some info on Blue Hole Spring in Forbes State Forrest in Pa. Pictures look interesting. Does anyone have any info on this?
    Thanks.

    Scott


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Penn Yan, NY
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Any way i could hear about the info u have. This is a bit closer to home then florida


  3. #3

    Default

    Yeah, I will post some more tomorrow. I know it is dive-able but is side mount or no mount at parts. There are other cave divers in Pa ( oister?) that may be interested as well. We may have to plan a day to hit it if it is worth it.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Penn Yan, NY
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Cant wait to hear about it. Im all in if youre looking for divers.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Looking forward to info when you have more. In particular, I'm curious whether it has a cavern zone worth diving, and what the access rules for the site are.

    Thanks!

    EDIT:
    Is it this Blue Hole Spring? http://www.swimmingholes.org/pa.html (scroll down to BLUE HOLE BARRONVALE
    BLUB)

    Last edited by gsk3; 03-06-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added links

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsk3 View Post
    Looking forward to info when you have more. In particular, I'm curious whether it has a cavern zone worth diving, and what the access rules for the site are.

    Thanks!

    EDIT:
    Is it this Blue Hole Spring? http://www.swimmingholes.org/pa.html (scroll down to BLUE HOLE BARRONVALE
    BLUB)
    Yep that is it. I have better pics. There is a blue hole swimming area that is separate from the blue hole spring. I know the entrance is tight sidemount but there were a few guys up here who have dove it a couple of times. I am trying to get more info on what is past the entrance. When I do, I will pass it on.

    Scott


  7. #7

    Default

    here is the best pic I have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ble hole spring pa.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	3785  


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manns Choice,PA
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Scott, was there last May. Could find no opening,Who told you it was divable? This is a 6 foot deep hole in the middle of a small mountain stream. The bottom is clear of gravel. I was sure there had to be a hole there, but could not find one. Nothing I could even stick my hand in. I live about 40 miles from there. Have been thinking I missed somthing and should go back. It may be better to go in September when water level is low.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Yep that is it. I have better pics. There is a blue hole swimming area that is separate from the blue hole spring. I know the entrance is tight sidemount but there were a few guys up here who have dove it a couple of times. I am trying to get more info on what is past the entrance. When I do, I will pass it on.
    Thanks. Sounds like no cavern at all, though, sadly.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northeast & FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I would be interested if your looking for someone to try it out. If you find more info and I'll start looking my email is [email protected]
    Might have to do it in lp45s. Let me know.

    Anthony Tedeschi
    Narc'ed Diving
    Instagram: @narceddiving


 

Similar Threads

  1. Jug Spring Blue Hole & Madison Dive Reports
    By MedCop in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:08 AM
  2. Alachua Sink, Morgan Spring, & Jug Hole
    By CaptainSpeleo in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
  3. Charles Spring and Jug Hole
    By John L. in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
  4. Diving Jug Hole Spring
    By tdmp in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
  5. Jug Hole (Blue Hole)
    By imported_admin in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 01:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts