Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default Sigh... Frustrated with Dive Rite again...

    Guys, I'm now on my 3rd replacement EXP 905 Drysuit with Dive Rite. The suits keep separating at the seems on the back and on the legs. No it's not being abused, in fact it's only got about 20 dives on it, and has been babied. It looks like it was not glued/welded properly, there's no adhersion (is that a word) in some spots on the outside, and the threading is the only thing holding it together.

    The last time this happened it took about 8 months to get a new drysuit from DR.

    I have an RMA, but honestly, I'm sick of defective suits. Is there another suit in the price range of the 905 that doesn't have the issues the 905 has?

    I know you get what you pay for, but DR used to be known for quality.

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    see if edd has a black ice that will fit you


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brandon, Fl.
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Try the Hollis drysuit. They are pretty inexpensive for a drysuit and I have heard a lot of good things about them from my buddies that dive with them. When it is time for me to get a new one that is what I am going to go with. I know it is a drive for you but Scuba Quest in Brandon has a few of them in stock if you want to check them out.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY USA
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Strange, my 905 has at least a couple hundred dives on it and I do abuse it. I have had it since they first came out. I don't know if DR is known for quality, but I do know they have had outstanding customer service. I have had numerous chances to use it on a variety of their products.

    Dale

    An independent diver.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Bletso, that must have been the first generation. The ones that came out last year or the year before are not seamed as well. When Gamble says they're junk, you tend to listen.


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    Bletso, that must have been the first generation. The ones that came out last year or the year before are not seamed as well. When Gamble says they're junk, you tend to listen.
    I listened to Steve and got rid of mine. I did a toal of 1 dry dive with it in a period of a year (about 100 dives). Crotch seams were always leaking and then the boots cracked along the edges. Tons of aquaseal on the inside made it look like a 20 year old suit. I got a different suit and have been happy and dry ever since. I got a Santi, by the way.



 

Similar Threads

  1. DIVE RITE
    By James Shoemaker in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 08:33 PM
  2. Dive Rite...
    By DR2K in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
  3. Dive Rite HE
    By dive2dive in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts