Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    +1. We ought to get these stories written down while there are still people around who remember them.

    Mike
    I agree. We are going to be the only ones to document our stories and pass on our knowledge. We need to always remember the stories of those in front on us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Weatherford Tx
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    +1. We ought to get these stories written down while there are still people around who remember them.

    Mike
    Im pretty sure we can write a novel on ofg-1 cave diving experiances!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

    "cave diving on CCR is like trusting an iphones maps to get you to your first date.... A Pain to setup, but a rush when pulling through tight spaces so far from home"

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Marks, Fla.
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I went to the PADI college in 1978 Rory was my physics instructor was a very intense course. I was hired by the college to be on the staff and manage the St. Johns dive shop, Clark Pitcairn was the assistant manager. Rory was teaching Clark cave diving[or I should say getting him a card] so I started taking classes from Big Sam Diperna, they only wanted one student at a time. Clark and I use to take off and dive after shop was closed and classes were done. WE had gone to Little River to three way split and back Rory was signing Clarks log book and saw the entry for the dive, boy did we get our tails chewed!! I didnt know about Rorys death until today was looking up old stories about Sheck and others and ran across it. So sad to hear I can see Rory in the shop with his coveralls on like it was yesterday.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts