Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 134
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    I can chill for a second, let this vis clear a bit, then hold it up to my mask.Rocket surgery, it ain't.
    It takes "a second" for the vis to clear??? Magic indeed...Wonder what would stir the gravel so much...

    Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    Losing a cookie is not the end of the world, anyway. Its a dollar (a single...dollar...).
    It is about making the right navigational decision quickly and efficiently in less then optimal conditions, not about how much a cookie costs.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Why trying to argue that it is efficient when obviously it is not? As far as "the elusive" reduced / zero visibility is concerned a relatively recent example involving Ginnie comes to mind.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Its efficient in real diving, not e-diving where you're in a silt tunnel with 8 other folks, and you HAVE to pick up a cookie (god forbid we lost a dollar). That's fantasy land stuff.

    It has all the advantages of an arrow, PLUS it gets people involved with the navigation, can be used at conflicting arrow junction, provides info for a missing diver. Disadvantage? It takes 2 seconds to drop it.

    You can make up hypothetical situations to discredit just about everything. That doesn't mean it represents reality.


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Panama City/Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    168

    Default

    MMMMMM Cookies.........

    Narcosis and cookies now that just makes me smile.

    Thank you LCF

    Mark Sumner

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEON View Post
    Why trying to argue that it is efficient when obviously it is not? As far as "the elusive" reduced / zero visibility is concerned a relatively recent example involving Ginnie comes to mind.
    I bet he wishes his team used them.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEON View Post
    Why trying to argue that it is efficient when obviously it is not? As far as "the elusive" reduced / zero visibility is concerned a relatively recent example involving Ginnie comes to mind.
    What incident at Ginnie involved zero viz? Outside of river caves, the lowest viz I've ever seen has been 1-2ft, and I've been to almost every tunnel in the first 3200ft of Ginnie.

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEL View Post
    MMMMMM Cookies.........

    Narcosis and cookies now that just makes me smile.

    Thank you LCF
    I was just thinking the same thing...soft chewy chocolate chip cookies and narcosis....

    Thanks Mark!

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Panama City/Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
    What incident at Ginnie involved zero viz? Outside of river caves, the lowest viz I've ever seen has been 1-2ft, and I've been to almost every tunnel in the first 3200ft of Ginnie.
    James,

    I am guessing the incident in Harry's Crack.

    Dive Safe,

    Mark Sumner

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEL View Post
    James,

    I am guessing the incident in Harry's Crack.

    Dive Safe,
    Pretty sure James has been in there. Plus it wasn't Harry's crack according to the computer. From what I remember hearing anyway.


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEL View Post
    James,

    I am guessing the incident in Harry's Crack.

    Dive Safe,
    That was my first thought, but it really has nothing to do with this scenario. They did several visual jumps in a cave they weren't familiar with. I know they had dove there often, but I hesitate to cal it familiar. The buddy was taken back and couldn't identify where the crack was, and the computer download showed he wasn't deep enough for him to have been there. (From what I've heard...as per standard protocol these days, no accident report ever came out, of course)

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.


 

Similar Threads

  1. How Do You Experience Narcosis?
    By AB8CD in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-15-2016, 06:44 PM
  2. Too Deep, Too much Narcosis
    By IRAP Administrator in forum Incident Reporting and Analysis Project (IRAP)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts