Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default I can"t wait!!!!!


    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    See, Spare Air is useful in a cave

    FWIW, I saw a presntation about this movie by the writer. It is based on a real cave incident that Wes Skiles was involved in, during a cavediving trip in Australia. Wes did some of the filming for this movie.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    "I'll see you on the other side!"


    :P :P :P


  4. #4
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    See, Spare Air is useful in a cave

    FWIW, I saw a presntation about this movie by the writer. It is based on a real cave incident that Wes Skiles was involved in, during a cavediving trip in Australia. Wes did some of the filming for this movie.
    based on... I love movies that use that phrase... It means that 1% of the "story" is true and the rest was "added by the director"...

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quebec city
    Age
    45
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    based on... I love movies that use that phrase... It means that 1% of the "story" is true and the rest was "added by the director"...
    Hey it is true that some people go cave diving... the rest is fiction...

    Etienne Rousseau

    Revo rebreather Instructor
    Cave Instructor
    --------------------------
    http://www.plongeecapitale.com/

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    based on... I love movies that use that phrase... It means that 1% of the "story" is true and the rest was "added by the director"...
    Too true

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #7

    Default

    It is cave diving's version of surfing's Point Break,lol...
    But I will definitely go see it though, looks at least entertaining, a bit corny maybe but entertaining.

    Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    See, Spare Air is useful in a cave

    FWIW, I saw a presntation about this movie by the writer. It is based on a real cave incident that Wes Skiles was involved in, during a cavediving trip in Australia. Wes did some of the filming for this movie.
    I don't think thats a spare air. Looks like I its a bottle from one of the rebreathers in the earlier shot. A hair more believeable then spare but only a hair. But by hollywood standards for truth its gospel. However after twntyfive years in the entertainment industry I have to say the only truth is that no one will pay to be entertained by the truth. its all about the fantasy of it. Even when I watch films about the workings backstage I laugh at how wrong it is.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is based on a real cave incident that Wes Skiles was involved in, during a cavediving trip in Australia. Wes did some of the filming for this movie.
    First he was trapped in Australia. Then in Mexico (Huautla). But in neither case did they think swimming farther in (with the hope of getting out) was tried!

    Hey, at least there aren't monsters in this movie (I don't think).

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  10. #10
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    It means that 1% of the "story" is true and the rest was "added by the director"...
    When I was in graduate school one of my professors had grown up in McNairy County, Tennessee, and was arrested several times by Buford Pusser (underage drinking and such). I asked him if "Walking Tall" was very embellished. He said it was about 5% true, 95% embellished.

    I'd tell you which parts of the movie weren't true, but I don't want anybody to be as crestfallen as I was.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
  2. SOLD: Sherwood 300 Bar mainfold & 8"x3" bands
    By Oceanus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts