Please let me be the first and probably last to object!!!
Wes was a special person/diver and a real positive influence on cave preservation, but Peacock is an historical name.
And what does Wes have to do with Peacock more than anyone else?
I was diving there in the 60's. Why not name it after me?
Curse me or whatever, but I mean no disrespect to his family and friends.
Richard Hardison
"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."
Earnest Shackleton
I think its a fitting tribute. 4 out of 5 dentists say brushing prevents cavities, theres always 1, or a small minority to disagree with anything.
Ginnie isn't going to change their name for Wes.
Wes has done alot for the springs in general, the state recognizes that. They changed the name of a park in his honor... cool... the historical names of the springs are still intact.
I think it is a good thing and a great way to honor someone like Wes.
Bookmarks