Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdh View Post
    There are 20 4500mAh cells in the pack. Batteryspace.com sells a drop in replacement for the old style packs that used Anderson connectors.

    Didn't find the link on batteryspace.com
    My light doesn't have the anderson connector, it's got the lid with the three male terminals that plug into the battery with 3 female terminals when you attach it. I might attempt building my own. I have black pvc that I can mold to make the caps and I'm pretty good at soldering or I can have my mother-in-law do it at work. She builds circuit boards for rockets.

    what's the best 4500mah battery?


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    Didn't find the link on batteryspace.com
    My light doesn't have the anderson connector, it's got the lid with the three male terminals that plug into the battery with 3 female terminals when you attach it. I might attempt building my own. I have black pvc that I can mold to make the caps and I'm pretty good at soldering or I can have my mother-in-law do it at work. She builds circuit boards for rockets.

    what's the best 4500mah battery?
    http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhrech...500mah1pc.aspx


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Those things are pricey.


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    Those things are pricey.
    http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhrech...500mah1pc.aspx

    Cheap Chinese cells of dubious quality, or expensive Sanyo's. Take your pick.


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    it's only like 15 dollars difference if i build it myself or have batteryspace build it. seems like a no brainer. Just figured 200+ was bit pricey when I could get batteries for my DR light for 100'ish, But the DR is a slimline.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In a Virgin Cave in Dominican Republic :D
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Canister size would be my biggest concern. I would go with the most capacity that will fit the canister. It you change battery technology,
    you willl need a different charger as well.
    wondering about this, I'm just adapting an old helios 4.5 to LED, but batteries last only 2.5hs since are old, anybody had an issue with Li batteries in salt water or something??? I could make that little thing go up to like 14hs burntime if I want with Li batts and if the specs in the pack sizes are correct in the battery space site.
    charger is very cheap, so is not a concern, batteries are very $$ but well...

    Cristian Pittaro
    www.neptunoworld.com
    and don't forget to check out my MiniSpools
    http://www.dr-ss.com Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://la-hispaniola.com Free maps for Dominican Republic and Haiti for Garmin GPS's

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neptuno View Post
    ... anybody had an issue with Li batteries in salt water or something??? I could make that little thing go up to like 14hs burntime if I want with Li batts and if the specs in the pack sizes are correct in the battery space site.
    charger is very cheap, so is not a concern, batteries are very $$ but well...
    If you are not 100% sure in your canister leakproof - stay away from lithium, especially in salt water. NiMH is forgiving in terms of underwater fire, lithium will take you liver out that is why best uw light manufacturers seal lithium packs redundantly.

    ARY (Photo, video)

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    I have a Sartek 10w, about 5 or 6 years old. Can you give me a quote to make a new battery pack? It's LI ION, 11.1V, 5200mah. PM me here, or email me at: [email protected]. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I rebuild a few battery packs a year.

    Post the model specs and I'll PM you a quote.

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    538

    Default

    anyone tried the lifepo4 battery packs yet? have old light that want to use again which has sealed lead acid battery. so i'm debating between nimh or lifepo4



 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Two Apeks ATX 200s NEW, Halcyon 18w HID, Halcyon lift bag NEW
    By cavedivingwoman in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
  2. WTB: SS without batteries
    By HomoErectus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
  3. OMS batteries
    By DR2K in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
  4. FS: Halcyon canisters and batteries+ chargers
    By amphipod06 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts