Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Battery space is my suppliers as well.
    A lot of light manufacturers get source their batteries and chargers there too.

    Batteries Plus can make a nice looking pack but their battery grades are garbage by comparison and cost way too much.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Battery space is my suppliers as well.
    A lot of light manufacturers get source their batteries and chargers there too.

    Batteries Plus can make a nice looking pack but their battery grades are garbage by comparison and cost way too much.
    the exact same cells as halcyon cost HALF as much from batteries plus. same exact batteries


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Ok, so it's a 9ah battery, looks like 3 stacks of 6. What's the argument for/against nimh or Li-ion.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    Ok, so it's a 9ah battery, looks like 3 stacks of 6. What's the argument for/against nimh or Li-ion.
    Canister size would be my biggest concern. I would go with the most capacity that will fit the canister. It you change battery technology,
    you willl need a different charger as well.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    I'll stick with NiMH. I got no issues with it. I just want a second battery. My light is supposed to be good for 4 hours. I don't want to cut it that close in the event that I make several dives in a day. It's either that, or bring my charger with me while I eat lunch. So, I guess I'm looking for 9ah NiMH 3 x 6 setup.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlyte27 View Post
    I'll stick with NiMH. I got no issues with it. I just want a second battery. My light is supposed to be good for 4 hours. I don't want to cut it that close in the event that I make several dives in a day. It's either that, or bring my charger with me while I eat lunch. So, I guess I'm looking for 9ah NiMH 3 x 6 setup.
    There are 20 4500mAh cells in the pack. Batteryspace.com sells a drop in replacement for the old style packs that used Anderson connectors.


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Send the old pack to Halcyon. Let them look at it. I sent a 5 year old pack with a broken wire in, they sent me a new pack. The overall customer service that I have received from them on my light over the last 6 years has been amazing. I had a bad cord, they fixed it. I had a loose wire on the ballast, the replaced the ballast. All of this was at no charge.
    It is ashame that Halcyon can't help you with all the broken wires you have

    Is Soviet way, is good.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95 View Post
    It is ashame that Halcyon can't help you with all the broken wires you have
    Hey, they make lights, they are not miracle workers or physiologists.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Hey, they make lights, they are not miracle workers or physiologists.
    Don't you mean psychologists

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Don't you mean psychologists
    Well, that too. I mean, they don't even resemble psychologists. See:





    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads


 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Two Apeks ATX 200s NEW, Halcyon 18w HID, Halcyon lift bag NEW
    By cavedivingwoman in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
  2. WTB: SS without batteries
    By HomoErectus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
  3. OMS batteries
    By DR2K in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
  4. FS: Halcyon canisters and batteries+ chargers
    By amphipod06 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts