Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default Halcyon Batteries

    Hey, a couple of weeks ago I was at Cave Excursions and met a guy who was building batteries for lights. He gave me a great price for my 21w but I lost his contact info. Quite honestly, I'm not sure, if in the excitement for the dive, I even got the contact info. Anyway, looking at getting another battery if anyone has a hookup.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    batteries plus can make them for quite a bit less than halcyon


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Yah, there's no way I'd go to Halcyon for the battery.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I rebuild a few battery packs a year.

    Post the model specs and I'll PM you a quote.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    batteries plus can make them for quite a bit less than halcyon
    I tried to get Batteries Plus to make a LI-ION pack for me and they refused saying they would explode. I ended up making my own. The key is to rough up the terminal with a dremel tool and make the solder joint quickly. In other words, don't heat up the battery.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    never tried to get a pack made but a buddy had a nimh pack made there for about half the halcyon price


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasdiver View Post
    I tried to get Batteries Plus to make a LI-ION pack for me and they refused saying they would explode. I ended up making my own. The key is to rough up the terminal with a dremel tool and make the solder joint quickly. In other words, don't heat up the battery.
    http://www.batteryspace.com/li-ionba...placement.aspx

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Send the old pack to Halcyon. Let them look at it. I sent a 5 year old pack with a broken wire in, they sent me a new pack. The overall customer service that I have received from them on my light over the last 6 years has been amazing. I had a bad cord, they fixed it. I had a loose wire on the ballast, the replaced the ballast. All of this was at no charge.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    I want additional batteries. The battery I have is fine. I will not be buying from Halcyon. The only reason I have a Halcyon light is because someone owed me some money. It's a great light but Halcyon is too expensive.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    That is where I get my batteries.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Two Apeks ATX 200s NEW, Halcyon 18w HID, Halcyon lift bag NEW
    By cavedivingwoman in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
  2. WTB: SS without batteries
    By HomoErectus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
  3. OMS batteries
    By DR2K in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
  4. FS: Halcyon canisters and batteries+ chargers
    By amphipod06 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts