Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Taking both on several dives together the DiveRite Trio/Zeagale N2ition 3 had the same exact decompression profile as the old Nitek 3.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diveongas View Post
    Consider the Nitek Duo, it costs less. Why would you need to use more than two gases, unless you were using Trimix? Then, you would need a Trimix computer anyways.

    Jim
    a dive with 2 decompression gasses such as 50% and 100% o2?

    ----
    Cave Mann

  3. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Deltona, Fl
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I had one that was nothing but problems. I literally gave it away. I went back to a used nitek 3 with zero problems. Nitek duo is great also.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    I would prefer that the backlight stayed on for a little longer, and that it activated when doing a gas switch....i hate when it resets before diving.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Age
    65
    Posts
    154

    Default trio

    I,ve always used the Duo. It's conservative as previously mentioned, but the biggest annoyance for me is the ascent alarm. It can drive you nuts in a cave with alot of up and down. D.H.


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    148

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by whodunit68 View Post
    a dive with 2 decompression gasses such as 50% and 100% o2?
    Precisely!! A Trimix dive. Unless you're talking about a very long and very deep dive on air. (Yeah, baby!)

    Jim Charles

    Last edited by diveongas; 10-16-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: wording

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    I have a the Zeagle version of the Trio and I've used it for three gases and was not trimix diving. Back gas, stage, and deco gas.

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wetumpka, Al
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diveongas View Post
    Consider the Nitek Duo, it costs less. Why would you need to use more than two gases, unless you were using Trimix? Then, you would need a Trimix computer anyways.

    Jim
    They don't make the Duo anymore.


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I use the Trio I bought from Rich at C.E. East. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the computer. If I designed a dream 3 mix nitrox device, I would:
    - simplify the displays... it shows more information than we really need (I used a Orca Skinny Dipper for many years that was very simple!!
    - provide an option to remove all alarms (fast ascent, approaching PO2 limit, etc.)
    - make sure that the computer does not reset in a way that is detrimental to the diver (resets to 100%O2 for O2 limit and air for N2 absorption... At least, I would ask for user confirmation prior to resetting; and if reset is required, I would simply default to air).
    - provide a setup feature for the backlight time... yes it drains batteries, but backlighting is useful.. I would spend a bit more on batteries.

    I did not do big dives yet with the computer... the most I've done is 1h31 minutes (from cave warning sign back to the same place) after a series of dives at Ginnie. I got out of the water at 2h06 including the 3 minutes safety stop. Some say it is conservative; but I am conservative too... what I know, is that I do much less deco time than when I used a PC software to calculate deco table, which was also much less than when I used air tables while breathing Nitrox (as a conservatism factor).


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    I have owned a trio for over a year now. At first I had trouble making the computor work. I was on tour with work and diving various sites country wide. I thought it was because I was wear gloves in colder water. Last May I was back in NF and had Diverite look at it thru Wayne at Amigo's. They had once again great customer service and took care of the problems. Since then I have had no problems with it. I have used it mostly as a two gas but also as a deep air 50% 100% dives. I also used it when diving 20/30 50% 100% then as a back up to tables. (it cleared with the tables). I also use 3 gases during long cave dives as I believe in deep stops. (32%,50% 100%) I have had a dou for 6 years and loved it. I do wish the trio was just a 3 gas version of the dou. The compass and added features make it makes it too complicate and makes the info too small ( nearing 50 and eyes ain't what they use to be). I also don't like having to reset the gas between dives, ever 24 hours is enough. More on the positive I like the graphing in the log section. I have used the compass underwater and above ground while hiking. Overall I would recommend it ( I own two) if you want a reasonable price non trimix computor.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."


 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB DR Duo/Trio
    By hfig in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 04:33 PM
  2. WTB Nitek Duo or Trio
    By the dude in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. WTB - Nitex Trio
    By Mario in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 09:33 PM
  4. FS: Nitek Trio & VR3
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts