Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: The Lost Sea

  1. #11
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/di...ough-earth.php

    Click your location on the map and then click "Start Digging" on the pop-up. Fun!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/di...ough-earth.php

    Click your location on the map and then click "Start Digging" on the pop-up. Fun!
    Way cool! You learn the best things on CDF.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I am suprised Jim Wyatt hasn't chimed in. I was on the last dive there, with Sheck Exley. We got to the end of the cave that day. Yes it percolates badly, and I thought Sheck was going to be burried at one point.

    As for future access, we made the mistake of telling the owners that we had found the end. They don't want to hear that it actually stops, so they haven't let anyone in there since the late '70s.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/di...ough-earth.php

    Click your location on the map and then click "Start Digging" on the pop-up. Fun!
    Ok we move to Argentina and start digging

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I am suprised Jim Wyatt hasn't chimed in. I was on the last dive there, with Sheck Exley. We got to the end of the cave that day. Yes it percolates badly, and I thought Sheck was going to be burried at one point.

    As for future access, we made the mistake of telling the owners that we had found the end. They don't want to hear that it actually stops, so they haven't let anyone in there since the late '70s.
    But your wrong it goes on forever and ever and ever. Can I dive it now?

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default

    I saw this copy of "Boy's Life" in my dentist office earlier today. A little on the cheesy side, but it is supposed to attract the young mind. I had to laugh, the picture of a diver underwater was not redundant.

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  7. #17
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    I live in Georgia. What is this "dentist" you speak of?

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    In Georgia, a dentist is a person who specializes in removing dents from the sides of pick-up trucks that were caused by the occupants throwing beer bottles at signs and the bottles bounce back...


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    913

    Default



    Thank you for the chuckle gentlemen!

    There are 3 kinds of people in this world; those who are good at math, and those who are not.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Spring Lake, MI
    Age
    67
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I was there summer 2009 and the guides on the river tour say it is "bottomless".
    I have been to Tulum and can say with some authority that it is, "topless"...

    As a pastor I am amazed that some of my best communions with God are when I am in the underworld!


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Lost Sea - Sweetwater, TN
    By Me in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 12:16 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 07:57 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:21 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts