Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Safety Tanks chaches are a great idea - for you - maintained by you - for your own use only.


    How about a metal pipe with Emergency-air-breathing (EAB) plug-in points every 60' like they use on submarines?


  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    How about a metal pipe with Emergency-air-breathing (EAB) plug-in points every 60' like they use on submarines?
    With this and my Magnus, Do I really need tanks?

    Mark

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Haines City, FL
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I vote nay.
    My wife votes nay.
    My wife's horses vote neigh.

    1/2
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you. But it's definitely on the list.

  4. #14
    Social Co-Director
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Age
    59
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Beaten to death, stuffed in a wood chipper, the pieces collected and put into a food processor, seasoned and served as a dipping sauce for future discussions.
    We are not talking about the story of your life you OFG.

    Hostile Member

    Originally Posted by Tegg
    "Every hole is worth a shot."

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    We are not talking about the story of your life you OFG.
    True, if referring to my life, the dipping sauce would be consumed by a group of really smart baboons, would give them stomach cramps followed by explosive diarrhea and bazooka barfing, and then dung beetles would bury what was left.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Nay, just in case anybody wasn't sure of my thoughts on the matter.......

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Way too far from cave country
    Age
    46
    Posts
    334

    Default

    I vote yey, we should also:
    1) Install lights every 20 feet that way if my primary light fails I don’t have to worry about my backups.
    2) A cable system like a ski lift would be good so I don’t have to burn test my scooter.
    3) If we could take a couple bags of cement in as well to take care of the silting issues in the caves that would also be helpful so I can always see the line.


  8. #18
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    nay, run wut u brung

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  9. #19

    Default

    Again???? Really???? Nay !!!!!!

    TJ (2)
    When I get out of cavediving, it will be to learn how to use a walker FW

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    27

    Default

    One more vote for nay. Safety tanks are a great idea, carry them in yourself and bring them out with you on each dive.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
  2. 8" and 7" tank bands for sale
    By DonW in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 05:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts