Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    97

    Default Opinion on a Regulator Switch

    I need someone that is familiar with Atomic and Dive Rite to give me an opinion on this. I am heading to the Galapagos Islands in June. My open water regulator is an Atomic B2 first and second stage. I have had this recently serviced and is ready to go. My problem is with my Octopus, to put it mildly....it sucks. It is my old original open water Aeris regulator. It breathes hard and sometimes wet.

    So the question is. I need two good regulators for this trip. I would like to take one of my sidemount regs, a Dive Rite RG2500 and use it as my backup regulator for this trip. Does anyone know if the Atomic first stage will work adequately with the RG2500? Would you trust an Atomic first stage paired with a RG2500?


  2. #2
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GLENFWB View Post
    Does anyone know if the Atomic first stage will work adequately with the RG2500? Would you trust an Atomic first stage paired with a RG2500?
    Yes and yes.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Have to agree with Ruselle.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    313

    Default

    I've used atomic 1sts with several seconds, all worked well.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Thanks Russell

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Yes and yes.


  6. #6

    Default

    We sell both Atomic and Dive Rite. The Dive Rite is set up to work within the Atomic specs, so you should have no problems.
    Take care,
    George

    Life is too short - eat dessert first!

  7. #7

    Default

    It's all about !st stage intermediate pressure...if the two first stages intermediate pressure are within 5 psi or so, give or take, the second stage should require little or no adjustment. DR 1st stages are adjustable, with a hex wrench and a ip gauge, don't think Atomics are.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Atomics are not. They use spacers to adjust the IP. Glen, it will work, or you could avoid tainting you SM regs with salt and get a DR octo from Edd. And must you keep bringing up that trip??

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Actually if I can find someone to dive with this weekend around the Mill Pond I might just do that. If not, guess I will just see you Rob when I get back from the Galapagos Islands....Oh, did I say that again???

    Quote Originally Posted by RN View Post
    Atomics are not. They use spacers to adjust the IP. Glen, it will work, or you could avoid tainting you SM regs with salt and get a DR octo from Edd. And must you keep bringing up that trip??


  10. #10
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Glen, are you going on a trip somewhere?

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Opinion
    By Shocky in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 03:39 PM
  2. Sartek 10w Hid W/toggle Switch
    By rlc5925 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
  3. What Is Your Opinion Of A Cavern Instructor - - -
    By CaptainSpeleo in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 08:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts