Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    To keep this thread on topic, I have opened a new thread for Andrew's "profile" of the vandals.

    Let's keep this thread for actual evidence, not theories. Things like when the damage was first observed and who was seen in the area are very useful.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Wink Gators in the OG

    Quote Originally Posted by mfascuba View Post
    I vote for having the perpetrator (him or her) go down and fix their mess - no scuba gear, just a couple cement blocks and some duct tape. Are there any gators in OG? I've not been there in over a year.

    mark
    At this time of year, you're likely to see a few, but just look at the floor of the open water in the Orange Grove & you'll see where they've been using it as a toilet ! Made me realize what a bad idea of -solo- diving there used to be.
    cheers


    je


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Were there any non-divers there in the middle of the week? There's lots of graffiti just inside JB, Twin, and Shangri-La. I'm pretty sure most of that was done by locals breath hold diving into the cavern and carving their names, etc, into the limestone. At 15' depth in OW, I'd guess this could have been a similar incident.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

  4. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Deltona, Fl
    Posts
    211

    Default OG Vandalism

    Maybe another job for the cave repair team. I had hoped Cow would be the last one, but...

    Can somebody post a photo?


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillBowden View Post
    Maybe another job for the cave repair team. I had hoped Cow would be the last one, but...

    Can somebody post a photo?
    I get the impression it has been removed, by using a harder rock to scrape it off.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Washington, PA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    10

    Default Orange

    I saw it after a dive on Wednesday morning. The location described by the others is correct - just off of the platform in about 15'.


  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95 View Post
    I was there last Thursday with a student. The damage is in about 15ft of water near the stairs. There was a group of divers before us, 3 guys one did lower OG by himself I am guessing and the other two looked to be OW. It looked really fresh. one of the guys has a landrover or range rover that is blue. I was at peacock on wednesday also and there was a cavediver who looked like he was diving the OW with his son.
    I was there on Thursday the 13th and we reported the vandalism to the ranger when we got out.

    Gene



 

Similar Threads

  1. Orange Grove
    By kenc in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
  2. Orange Grove?
    By deepdiverbob in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
  3. Orange Grove
    By DogDiver in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
  4. P1 and Orange grove??
    By J_glenn06 in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
  5. Orange Grove Conditions?
    By PerroneFord in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 04:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts