I don' think a distant picture from so far that you can't make anything out or a section of the cave that everyone already has are going to advertise Jeff's map well.Originally Posted by Deep-Thief
Word of mouth from those who have the map that say it's the best map out there and a very good map for the money and won't make a copy of it for anyone else, ever, under any circumstances, is the advertising plan.
On that subject:
I have an copy of it and it's a very good map (even though mine doesn't have the lines included). I've also seen the 3'x4' final version and it is the best, most complete map out there of this system. I have dove nearly every passage on it and compared it with my knowledge of the system and find it to be EXCELLENT.
The style is Jeff's own and he knows more about that cave then anyone else I've ever met. (Did you know he's got roughly 1500 dives in that system?) To me it also just feels right. There is more a sense of the passages bending "right" in his map - the way I draw a map in my head. Jeff's map contains more information about more of the cave and better accuracy then any other map of the system I've seen - plus the way the lines are laid out which no other map out there has.
The price is roughly the same as the 2 halves of the Steve Berman map.
If I were you and wanted a map of the system I'd get the small public map to keep in the back of the dive vehicle and wait until you get down to see the big one. If you are a real fan of the system and want something nice to hang (and have enough free wall space) consider buying the big one.


Reply With Quote



Bookmarks