Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default Cool pix of H2S layer in a Mexican cenote


    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    That is just so cool!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watauga TX
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Did I read that right, 60 meters? I saw video of single tank'ers down there on youtube


  4. #4
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fixxervi6 View Post
    Did I read that right, 60 meters? I saw video of single tank'ers down there on youtube
    30meters fresh water, another 60 meters of salt water.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Those are super cool images. Thank you for sharing.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    so very cool!!!!

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quebec city
    Age
    45
    Posts
    272

    Default

    the place where the photo have been took is at 30m /100 feets. But the buttom is over 60m/200 feets

    Too bad this place is not more secure. I hear some amazingly bad story about that place.

    Etienne Rousseau

    Revo rebreather Instructor
    Cave Instructor
    --------------------------
    http://www.plongeecapitale.com/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Cool pix of H2S layer in a Mexican cenote

    If I'm not mistaken the third picture was in this months issue of "Scuba Diving" magizine. Great picture btw!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

    Ian Seibert

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Cool pictures and the diver in the background for scale...

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Very cool, thanks for the link.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Mexican maps
    By bernieflyer in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
  2. Weird bacteria layer
    By phillip1 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
  3. Hydrogen Sulfide Layer
    By cavermatt in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 08:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts