Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    $15 for divers

    No solo
    Last dive must start no later than 4pm.
    Must be out of the water by 5pm.

    Have fun, dive safe!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    No solo
    Last dive must start no later than 4pm.
    Must be out of the water by 5pm.
    Is there ever a chance these rules will change?


  3. #13
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmev View Post
    Is there ever a chance these rules will change?
    Why would you ask that? Perhaps because the park "closes at sunset," and in the summertime sunset is almost 9pm?

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  4. #14
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmev View Post
    Is there ever a chance these rules will change?
    The only certainty is change

    I have no idea really, I'm just a fellow diver. That's up to the park or state, I suppose. I'd love to see all three change, but am glad for the opportunity to dive it all.

    Our park rangers there are very diver friendly, and we're quite lucky to have such easy access to such a beautiful system.

    Dive safe and have fun!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Mike View Post
    I can't access the website to order a new Florida State Park Pass. I keep getting this error

    /annualpass/default.cfm could not be found.
    Please check that the URL is correct or try refreshing the page.


    Anyone else have any luck making an on line purchase? I'm heading to Peacock next weekend and wanted to get this done ahead of time.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Usually you can purchase one at Peacock from the ranger. Bring cash because the credit machine is not on sight and cash is readily accepted everywhere.


  6. #16

    Talking annual pass discounts

    Jus t to pass this along starts this year.

    Effective July 1, 2010 the Florida Park Service shall provide discounts on the purchase of Annual Entrance Passes to persons who present satisfactory written documentation which demonstrates their eligibility:

    25% discount on Annual Entrance Passes for active duty and honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, National Guard or reserve units of the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard who present proof of eligibility.

    Satisfactory written documentation to prove eligibility includes:

    Current military identification card showing the bearer as active duty, reserve or retired member of a branch of the Department of Defense, or
    Personal identification (i.e.: driver license) and
    Most recent DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, showing the named individual’s Character of Service as Honorable, or
    Other current official documentation from the Department of Defense, or one of its branches, naming the bearer as active duty, reserve, veteran or retired military


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Longwood, FLorida
    Posts
    486

    Default Thanks for Discount Info.

    I qualify but just purchased my annual pass last month. Oh well, next year will come soon enough.

    'You can say what you want about the South, but I ain't never heard of anyone wanting to retire to the North'

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonwsm View Post
    Satisfactory written documentation to prove eligibility includes:

    Current military identification card showing the bearer as active duty, reserve or retired member of a branch of the Department of Defense
    Hopefully the Coast Guard also qualifies, which is actually Dept. of Homeland Security.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Lay off the State Park system!
    By FW in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
  2. Little River State Park...
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 07:38 AM
  3. New Florida State Park Law...
    By resolute in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 01:06 PM
  4. state of FL pass...
    By JoeB in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts