Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 603

Thread: Cocodrillo push

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Age
    56
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deepairmike View Post
    Come on over will you need a place to stay?
    Maybe I could come for a day trip or two?


  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    I signed up yesterday and am now looking at airfare. I live an hour from Tallahassee, two hours from Jax, and 3 hours from Atlanta. Is anyone flying out of any of these airports or others in the area? If so, have you seen any good deals?

    I look forward to meeting all of you.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    It looks like I'm joining all of you for this expedition. I'm pretty excited, I look forward to meeting you all in person.

    Sandy, I will probably fly out of Atlanta but I didn't see any "deals" last night when I was looking. If you see something, please let me know.

    Will we only have AL80 tanks available to us? What is the water temp there in June?


  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Hey Mike, I have not found any deals yet and may use airline miles. Looks like the cheapest flight I have seen so far is a direct flight on Delta for about 500 that arrives Cozumel at 12:50PM. I am thinking about staying over another two nights for some more cave or ocean diving. I hate to waste Saturday and Sunday while in Cozumel

    I understand we will use 80s and that different people may dive wet or dry. I think the water temp is about 77. In the next two months, I hope to rent some 80s in cave country (if possible) and make a few dives wet and dry to check buoyancy, trim, and comfort.

    I will be in N Myrtle Beach in 4 1/2 weeks. Let me know if you are in the SE part of NC. Also, let me know next time you are in cave country.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fort smith AR.
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Ok we have a pretty full group now. My travel guy said wait a few days to book flight the airlines are up to something strange. I will get a list of parts for people to bring. One thing for sure is about 100 tank o-rings.. 12 large snaps.. I have all the safety regs. Tuned and ready.

    blessed are the cracked for they let in the light!

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    952

    Default

    LMAO I have already put an order in for O-rings for the valves. I am even going to redo the Oring station and try to make it more stream lined. Yes I remeber thoses morinings atht he site changing them all out. This time I think I am just going to start doing that once there before others put regs on and we can see if that makes things run smoother.

    I will even practice some to see if I can get my times down a few seconds.

    Trust me, we WILL be changing out some O-rings, I think last trip out of all the tanks we used maybe only 10% of them did not need to be changed. Hope they dont look at us funny when we donot bring back the same amount of tanks at the end of the day and leave 80% of them in the cave like last time.

    Oh that 10% even encludes the ones we used for the day we took off from cave diving to shoot video in the ocean. LOL

    SLIM


  7. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Hey Sandy, that's about what I saw as well. I even looked at leaving from Charlotte and Spartanburg but they were even higher. It may end up being a mileage flight I live near Charlotte, in Gastonia, NC (SW). I just spent a few days diving the Cooper River in Charleston. Charles (Murphy, NC) and I are planning a NFL trip for the weekend of April 17. I may be teaching on Friday and Saturday which will leave us only Saturday evening and Sunday for cave diving, but it will be fun. What are you up to that weekend? 77 degrees! No way I can dive dry in that. I have only dove NFL dry a couple of times and it burns me up. It will definitely be a wet suit for me. I dove Coz 8 or 9 years ago but it was all ocean diving. I used a 2 mil shorty for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Hey Mike, I have not found any deals yet and may use airline miles. Looks like the cheapest flight I have seen so far is a direct flight on Delta for about 500 that arrives Cozumel at 12:50PM. I am thinking about staying over another two nights for some more cave or ocean diving. I hate to waste Saturday and Sunday while in Cozumel

    I understand we will use 80s and that different people may dive wet or dry. I think the water temp is about 77. In the next two months, I hope to rent some 80s in cave country (if possible) and make a few dives wet and dry to check buoyancy, trim, and comfort.

    I will be in N Myrtle Beach in 4 1/2 weeks. Let me know if you are in the SE part of NC. Also, let me know next time you are in cave country.


  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Mike View Post
    Charles (Murphy, NC) and I are planning a NFL trip for the weekend of April 17. I may be teaching on Friday and Saturday which will leave us only Saturday evening and Sunday for cave diving, but it will be fun. What are you up to that weekend?
    That weekend is between my NMB weekend and the NACD Safety Day at Ginnie. Plus, my youngest daughter is in Atlanta for a school choir trip that weekend. If I leave my wife at home alone, I may not be alive for the Cocodrilo trip. But I will let you know if something changes.

    Last edited by Sludge; 03-23-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: bbcode
    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLIM View Post
    LMAO I have already put an order in for O-rings for the valves. I am even going to redo the Oring station and try to make it more stream lined. Yes I remeber thoses morinings atht he site changing them all out. This time I think I am just going to start doing that once there before others put regs on and we can see if that makes things run smoother.

    I will even practice some to see if I can get my times down a few seconds.

    Trust me, we WILL be changing out some O-rings, I think last trip out of all the tanks we used maybe only 10% of them did not need to be changed. Hope they dont look at us funny when we donot bring back the same amount of tanks at the end of the day and leave 80% of them in the cave like last time.

    Oh that 10% even encludes the ones we used for the day we took off from cave diving to shoot video in the ocean. LOL

    SLIM
    I get the feeling this trip will be fairly educational!

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Sandy

    Edjucational,ha ha ha ha ha ROFLMAO ha ha LOL LOL LOL

    Yes it will but it will also be a great time to meet others and learn how exploration is done on a tight budget with some awsome explorers and Cave divers that do it for the love of the challange and not for the money or fame.

    We are a true die hard exploreres that have all kinds of experiance that we will glady share so that others will not have to go through the pains that we have.

    Can't wait to get back in the system and meet you all and hav so much fun doing it.

    SLIM



 

Similar Threads

  1. Big push to finish the Cathedral Steps...
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts