Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 603

Thread: Cocodrillo push

  1. #541

    Default

    Congrats on the grant!


  2. #542
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Well. I got back from a dive in slims chance entrance but I think it should be re named no name since we arnt able to get in the other one and it is in front of the bar. Jose and I ran about another 5-600 feet of line and on the way back after teh dive was called I saw a line go down with a PINK cloths pin on it. It is about 15-20 feet from the new line we put in and from the point we tied in about 50 feet. There is still so much going in there that this might be another that keeps going and going. It is getting small and some places we were scraping on all sides but it would open up more.

    Tell next month.

    SLIM


  3. #543
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fort smith AR.
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Slim were you at the very back were you added new line?

    blessed are the cracked for they let in the light!

  4. #544
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fort smith AR.
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Is someone bringing a laptop? We need one to enter survey data and photos.

    blessed are the cracked for they let in the light!

  5. #545
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    I'll have my netbook, but maybe Jon will have a real laptop.

    BTW, do we have a list of participants? I keep hearing rumors of people coming,then not. Who are we in the end--give or a take a Chas.

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  6. #546
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    I have promised Mary Ann(my better half) a new laptop before the trip so I can bring one.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  7. #547
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fort smith AR.
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Jon is not able to bring his laptop. He has a program that needs to be loaded on the laptops that go.

    blessed are the cracked for they let in the light!

  8. #548
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    461

    Default

    I always have my laptop. They don't let me leave work without it.

    What software do you need loaded? I have windows XP and windows 7 laptops. Which OS will work better? Maybe I can get it done before we leave.


  9. #549
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    mike I only have a few months left at the dive school. do you still want that infor on ccr's?


  10. #550
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Arctic Mike, (Have I ever mentioned that there are too many Mikes in the caving community?)

    If you're cool with us using your computer to enter survey data, the I'd like to have Walls installed on it. The download can be found here:

    http://www.utexas.edu/tmm/sponsored_...s/tsswalls.htm

    It's easy enough to install, but we can do that in Mexico as long as you'd be willing to download it before we get there. The software is free, btw.

    -Jon

    Forgot to mention, OS doesn't matter to me. Walls will install on either. If somebody has Adobe Illustrator on a laptop then we could start drawing maps in our free time while in Mexico. I'll also try to remember to bring a CD with another software package on it, do your laptops have a CD Drive?



 

Similar Threads

  1. Big push to finish the Cathedral Steps...
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts