Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 603

Thread: Cocodrillo push

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deepairmike View Post
    Sandy I should have the vans by then and pick you up. If Slim could fix it were his flight was 30 min. Early then I could get both of you at the same time. I haven't heard from Arctic Mike?
    Mike, if you have to make a trip to pick me up, I can wait thirty minutes for Slim to arrive. Meanwhile, I can practice saying "no" to the timeshare salesmen.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  2. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maitland, FL
    Posts
    142

    Default

    yes they love american dollars so no i never convert any of my money if you get change back it will be in pecos so i use that fo rmy tips at dinner and the like

    Some areas are unknown because no one has ever ventured forth, Some are unknown because no one has ever returned.

  3. #183
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scubadam67 View Post
    yes they love american dollars so no i never convert any of my money if you get change back it will be in pecos so i use that fo rmy tips at dinner and the like
    They actually try to give change in the same currency. Besides, they don't use current exchange rates, like banks do, so you end up short changed.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #184
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    From hearing Adam's experiences in Cozumel, and from my experiences on the mainland, out away from the tourist area, it seems it really depends on where you are. When there last month on the mainland, they really didn't seem to want the USD, and always gave me change in Mexican currency in the local grocery store (and at really crappy exchange rate).

    Based on Adam's experiences on the island, however, I think I'll leave most of mine in USD for this trip.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.

  5. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maitland, FL
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    They actually try to give change in the same currency. Besides, they don't use current exchange rates, like banks do, so you end up short changed.
    i never had that problem i wonder if that is just on the mainland. they almost always give pesos back for change on the island and as long as you know the exchange is 12 or 13% then it's no big deal

    Some areas are unknown because no one has ever ventured forth, Some are unknown because no one has ever returned.

  6. #186
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maitland, FL
    Posts
    142

    Default

    mike any words of wisdom on putting a P valve in my wet suit? i was thinking i would just cut a slit in the suit and glue the tube in maybe put a patch of neoprene over it for protection

    Some areas are unknown because no one has ever ventured forth, Some are unknown because no one has ever returned.

  7. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    fort smith AR.
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scubadam67 View Post
    mike any words of wisdom on putting a P valve in my wet suit? i was thinking i would just cut a slit in the suit and glue the tube in maybe put a patch of neoprene over it for protection
    That's what I did works great.

    blessed are the cracked for they let in the light!

  8. #188
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maitland, FL
    Posts
    142

    Default

    cool looks like i need to make a trip to HD I'm going to dive wet this trip. So is everyone going OC?

    Some areas are unknown because no one has ever ventured forth, Some are unknown because no one has ever returned.

  9. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maitland, FL
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Is this trip going to get on the Feathered Merkin band wagon or are we going to stay with the conservative speedos and thongs for dive wear?

    Some areas are unknown because no one has ever ventured forth, Some are unknown because no one has ever returned.

  10. #190
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scubadam67 View Post
    Is this trip going to get on the Feathered Merkin band wagon or are we going to stay with the conservative speedos and thongs for dive wear?

    Please look back around post 138. Proper attire was already discussed. Shirts, shorts, speedos, and thongs just have no place on a true adventure! To be one with nature, one should be as attired as "natural" as possible. GEEZ!

    Sigh...I guess if the feathers are collected locally, the merkin would be acceptable.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Big push to finish the Cathedral Steps...
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts