Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 101

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Forrest, I had glitches from WJSP in Warm Springs, but it was probably a Georgia Public Television thing.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Forrest, I had glitches from WJSP in Warm Springs, but it was probably a Georgia Public Television thing.
    Well, it may motivate me to buy the DVD

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Forrest, I had glitches from WJSP in Warm Springs, but it was probably a Georgia Public Television thing.
    That is because you didn't pay money to their monthly money raising telethons,and get the free Peach State Latte mug with Biscotti.

    Actually I had problems too,so I think it was feed problem too throughout the whole GPB network.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY USA
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Sorry guys, but ten minutes in and I had had enough dribble. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I found the most dangerous sport angle coupled with thrill seeking addicts a bit over the top.

    Dale

    An independent diver.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bletso View Post
    Sorry guys, but ten minutes in and I had had enough dribble. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I found the most dangerous sport angle coupled with thrill seeking addicts a bit over the top.

    Dale
    Yea, I didn't care much for the "Twenty cave divers a year die". We haven't had rates that high, since the '70s.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    "Twenty cave divers a year die".
    That statisitic is probably very accurate. Now if you said 20 cave divers a year die in caves,then there is an inaccuracy.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  7. #7

    Default

    My wife watched it with me, and before it started she asked if I really wanted her to watch.

    She knows the risks involved with diving and even cave diving, but she knows it is something I love and will continue to do despite the risks.

    She did mention a couple times about how it sounded like they were trying to scare someone into not cave diving. It was funny, she was actually more worried about me going through a hydrogen sulfide layer than the actual cave dive itself.

    I was very proud of her when they showed the dead diver and she mentioned (before it was said) that he probably didn't have a line or the proper equipment. She isn't a diver, but she sure as heck knows the "rules" of cave diving.

    I really enjoyed the program...wish it had more diving but that is just the cave diver in me talking.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MedCop View Post
    ...... It was funny, she was actually more worried about me going through a hydrogen sulfide layer than the actual cave dive itself.....
    I worry about those too. Some can hurt your eyes, skin, and even gear. I have had to rebuild regs after diving through that junk.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Yea, I didn't care much for the "Twenty cave divers a year die". We haven't had rates that high, since the '70s.
    Certainly not in the US. A bad year seems to be about 4. Is anyone tracking world deaths?

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 09:56 AM
  2. Dan's Cave Exploration Update
    By Brian Kakuk in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
  3. Cave Recon / Exploration Video
    By Mike Edmonston in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 10:40 AM
  4. 240m/784ffw exploration in Sra Keow cave, Thailand.
    By cedricverdier in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 05:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts