Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Garages...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default tank rack

    Hey,

    Loved your tank rack!!! That is exactly what I want!! I just had no clue as to how to do it.
    Did you make it yourself and what are the dimensions of each compartment? What gauge steel (is it steel?)?
    The PVC sewer pipe looks like you cut into thirds longitudinally, is that correct?

    Very cool!!

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  2. #22

    Default

    Yah, its just 1x1 inch steel square tubing, with Pig PVC pipe cut into thirds.
    I got sick of all our crappy shelving and such so I built that and the rack and the selving unit. I used to have about 9 tanks stacked in a semi pyramid, but it always made me nervous.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default Tank rack design

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroxWarrior
    Yah, its just 1x1 inch steel square tubing, with Pig PVC pipe cut into thirds.
    I got sick of all our crappy shelving and such so I built that and the rack and the selving unit. I used to have about 9 tanks stacked in a semi pyramid, but it always made me nervous.
    Excellent, did you weld it yourself or did you go to a metal fabrication place?
    There is one close to my house, that's why I ask.
    My tanks do take a bit of floor space, 35 as of last count w/o including 4 sets of doubles...
    I think I may have a sale to get rid of some...
    I like the design. Thanks for posting pics and explaining.
    Dive safe!

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  4. #24

    Default

    I welded it up myself, but I'm sure a shop could do it for you if you dont ahve the equipment. It's a prety simple design.


  5. #25

    Default Re: Storage

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Basement works for me......

    Hey! why do you have a window in your basement!?!?
    lol, I'm a floridan so I may be wrong, but that don't make sense.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Its a Georgia thing I guess, I dunno, Ive only been here a few years.
    Its kind of split level properties here.


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default Basement window...

    Must be North GA or somewhere where the water table is not an issue. We lived around the Savannah area and basements were called indoor pools
    No, really. We had a similar arrangement with our house in Tennessee, very convenient, and it sure gives your house a lot more storage room!
    Thanks for posting the pics!
    Dive safe.

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    47

    Default Garage...geezzz

    I was on hear to look for some gear and saw this. I would love to discuss all about pvc rack, and epoxy flooring and all that other cool storage stuff; but I hear my life calling.
    thanks for the amusement though


  9. #29

    Default

    YTah, The PVC rack is the best tank rack I have evr had, I used to have one of those wooden ones where you have to make a little pyramid of tanks. but that doesnt work to well (cant get stuff of the bottom)...


  10. #30

    Default Re: Garage...geezzz

    Quote Originally Posted by tlocdiver
    I was on hear to look for some gear and saw this. I would love to discuss all about pvc rack, and epoxy flooring and all that other cool storage stuff; but I hear my life calling.
    thanks for the amusement though
    we need to post a topic on that great automatic door that you and I installed on your dive gear room

    No Comment


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts