Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Hi

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Armstrong View Post
    How long are the dives during the courses?
    The best person to answer that is your instructor. You can PM him here, or send an email to him. His PM address is "Jim Wyatt". His website is www.cavediveflorida.com

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hopefully you will take the chance speak with Jim and/or write him.
    Typically insightful to hear direct from the instructor.

    I took full cave with Jim and have a about 25 dives after class (mentioning only for reference, its not a whole lot- so many would say I know nothing- and they are correct!)


    Post class I've talked with others that had Jim; I've been impressed that many have very different stories about things that he did and how the class unfolded. I've come to believe that he is adept at adapting the course and his instruction to suit the diver(s). I suspect it can be said of most of the instructors and know that I've heard /seen similar.

    For my class I know we hit 2hrs on several of the dives. Small point of reference is that he notes on the website that to assist in the whole course have two sets of doubles... he does make use of this (IMHO).

    If you haven't done it already- - small suggestion would be to read as much as you can of the various cave diving manuals/books. This should help manage the "information overload" and help allow for better situational awareness. Sit Awareness one of the many "keys" (at least in my newbie opinion).

    I can't imagine doing it wet; but I will easily admit to being a wimp.

    Have fun!
    Dave


  3. #13

    Default

    During courses, it's not usually during the dives one gets cold, it's all the in-water briefings, pre- and post (and if you're unlucky the interruptus-briefings too). I would die of blue lips alone in 3mm, and I come from above Arctic Circle!


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    553

    Default Have a good class

    Good luck and enjoy your course.

    I am another thermal wimp. A week of 2 a day 1-hr dives in Coz leaves me getting chilled. Granted drift diving is not a big heat generator. I wind up finning into the current on purpose to get some heat going. So, 2-hr dives swimming aren't too bad until it come to deco where I can get cold quick when I stop.

    When you're there you know there's a There there.
    Jobst Brandt

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dadeville, al
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Give Jim a call, he is very helpful, i have spoken with him a couple times with questions. His contact info is on his web site.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts