Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novadiver
    this is my first post ever here , so I'm losing lurker statis for this, but have you tried putting a 6 cuft bottle in your drysuit pocket ? it keeps it from being a hazard. and is streamlined to boot
    Welcome to the forum.
    No, that wouldn't work at all...at least with my drysuit. It (the bottle) would flop around and constantly be shifting not being held tightly to anything substancial, would also put the weight (although not that much) in an akward spot. It just wouldn't "feel" secure to me anyway.
    I like the idea of it on my waist belt as a first trial run. If that dosen't work, I'll try butt mounting it.
    Hey, I appreciate the input.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  2. #12

    Default argon bottle & sidemount

    I sewed some fastek connectors to my adapted Zeagle rig right where the jacket meets the wing, and did the same on the other side for my Sartek light cannister. That way I just clip the argon bottle (6 cu. ft.) on with the neck facing down, and the light with the top where the cord comes out facing down. When I clip the little fastek connectors for the wing back to the jacket, it's pretty streamlined. The only time it could get in the way would be if I had the wing fully inflated -- it might push into my ribs a little. I guess that could be a possibility carrying some steel stage bottles or something but I haven't had a problem yet.


  3. #13

    Default Re: Another sidemount question

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    When diving sidemount/mix, where do put your dry suit inflation bottle?
    Inflate from travel gas, dump the stage and swop hoses to inflate from the mix. You are not putting much in at depth.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts