Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Another sidemount question

    When diving sidemount/mix, where do put your dry suit inflation bottle?

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Re: Another sidemount question

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe
    When diving sidemount/mix, where do put your dry suit inflation bottle?
    I usually do deep stuff backmount.

    If I were going to do a deep sidemount passage, I would rather put up with the cold, than have anything extra to get caught on something.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    490

    Default

    some put inflator hoses on stage bottles, others have dropped bottles of argon, then others just put up with the cold.

    Is Soviet way, is good.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95
    some put inflator hoses on stage bottles, others have dropped bottles of argon, then others just put up with the cold.
    Well, since I have gone to a much smaller canister (DiveRite Slimline) I am able to move my light from my arse to my hip. I'm thinking about butt mounting my 6cf aluminum bottle for argon (or just good old air) rather than inflating my suit with mix.
    Anybody else try this? Seems like it would work just fine, not a lot of added weight to throw off my trim and should even be able to reach the valve pretty easy if necessary. Any red flags going up???

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    490

    Default

    that would be a really long hose, no? you could always mount it on the side opposite your light.

    Is Soviet way, is good.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95
    that would be a really long hose, no? you could always mount it on the side opposite your light.
    The LP hose would be much shorter than my light coord "was" and I won't have to wrap it around my arm like the light coord. I think I could route it quite cleanly, maybe even under my waist strap?, close to the body of course. I dunno. Could always pop it if it snagged on something but again...alot shorter than my old light coord. I did snag the butt mounted light coord on occasion but never was more than a minor inconvienence. I appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  7. #7

    Default Dry Suit Argon

    I use a 6cf bottle that is mounted on my left wasit strap behind the D-ring. I use a larger "wreck loop" for the webbing and then hold the bottle tight with a small loop of bungee. Use the same reg for this as I do for BM Ar. Using He in everything I breath caused me to find a suitable solution.
    Scott Hunsucker


  8. #8

    Default

    Mike - I would follow Scott's lead - I put my light on the right and an argon bottle on the left, each rides on top of the tank and out of the way and you don't need any long hoses running from the back.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpoucher
    Mike - I would follow Scott's lead - I put my light on the right and an argon bottle on the left, each rides on top of the tank and out of the way and you don't need any long hoses running from the back.
    Sounds like a plan guys, I'll try it on my left side before I spend good money on a long LP hose.
    THANKS!

    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    round hill Va.
    Posts
    76

    Default

    this is my first post ever here , so I'm losing lurker statis for this, but have you tried putting a 6 cuft bottle in your drysuit pocket ? it keeps it from being a hazard. and is streamlined to boot



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts