Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 81 to 87 of 87
  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Hey Brian,
    I was the one that went to crumbling cave a week or so before you did. Tell them all what a cave raining down on you is like! I had a big rock knock the reel right out of my hand, and dozens of brick sized rocks rain down on me. Lance Elder and I are old friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwcaves View Post
    I'll take your word for it J.
    If it's that friable, no need to ever go there and destroy it more.
    There's plenty of stuff I can turn around in yet to finish. I'll enjoy it vicariously with the map !

    "If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

    www.floridacavediver.com

  2. #82

    Default

    John...HOW are you? Lance told me about your dive in the Pool Room. Interesting. Didn't you also go in Sumter Bat Cave? We pushed that to 138.


  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Panama City/Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    Mark,

    I would guess that it is best to explore these systems no mount because you can back up easily. Why would you ever go superman on a hole that you are not sure you will be able to backup? Shouldn't all this exploration be done no mount? I am not doing any of this, just a philosophical question. Sorry for the ignorant question, just wondering from all these posts I have read here.
    Xenia,

    I chose side mount 40s for that dive as I prefer fully independent rigs for solo dives, and I used to do a lot of no-mount dives with an 80 w/Y-valve, but was never really comfortable without true redundancy. I also needed to be streamlined with all hands and feet available to kick, pull, grasp, and push in past the horrendous flow at the entrance. I agree this dive needed a no-mount configuration, and I fully expected to have to back out of the tunnel. Once I took off the tanks I clipped them together and I was essentially in the same no-mount configuration I would be with a single tank. Having the tanks together out in front made it fairly easy to back out by feeling with my feet. This tunnel has decent flow and is very rocky. I would never have gone in there if it had no flow or deep silt.

    Hope to meet you and Bobby at the springs some time,

    Mark

    Mark Sumner

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Thanks for the response. It makes sense although I do not know the system.

    Hope to meet you too! We dive the tourist systems since I am holding Bobby back with my inexperience. We may see you around there.

    Xenia, a.k.a. Local Zip Code Diver

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Fort White FL
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LCF View Post
    I've enjoyed reading this, but I keeping coming up with the same question: Do you guys really ENJOY cave this tight, or are you hoping it will open up into something more comfortable and more visually impressive? I know I don't mind going through a restriction, but I don't enjoy long sections of restricted passage. I dive caves mostly to look at them, and I don't see all that much when I'm wriggling through something unfriendly
    Lynne, you will see how the caves opens up for you once you go to sidemount


  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Yeah, that what all the lesbians say.
    That Funny!!!

    Mark

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Puerto Aventuras, MX
    Age
    52
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubis View Post
    Lynne, you will see how the caves opens up for you once you go to sidemount
    +1

    See you soon Lynne!

    (post #307....sounds familiar this number...!!)



 

Similar Threads

  1. Nomad Sidemount System FS
    By Captain Bil in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 04:46 AM
  2. Nomad Sidemount System
    By Bill Rotella in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 10:59 AM
  4. FS: Dive Rite Transpac Sidemount System/Harness
    By Signal 20 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 09:14 AM
  5. New Cave System?
    By Christen in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 03:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts