Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Darn, I wish I had tried that. I was only getting 40 minutes

    Now you know why i bought it from you.. This trick has been around for many years in the RC racing world... So far I have helped at least 8 N-19 batteries "come back to Life" Not counting yours (of course I think Edd killed one of his)

    Last edited by Bob B; 12-08-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    A computer once beat me at Chess but it was no match for me at Kick Boxing....

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It depends on how the chargers are designed to work. *Most* lead acid chargers need to "boot" with no battery attached, then connect to the battery to "analyze" the charge requirements.

    NiMH chargers have to have to have battery connected during "boot" to "analyze" the charge requirements.

    I have "boot" and "analyze" in quotes because this is an over simlification of how "smart" chargers work.

    I have 1000s of batteries and dozens of battery chargers and testers and matchers and analyzers and crap. (Along with 100s of wins and ET / MPH records, in RC Drag racing ) I can tell you that Most of this stuff (dealing with NIMH and NICAD batteries and chargers) is fluff that comes from people using crappy chargers.. I have heard / seen all kinds of processes that people use to get a "H" charger to charge their HID battery.. Right John..

    A computer once beat me at Chess but it was no match for me at Kick Boxing....

  3. #23

    Default NiMh batts

    If your pack is so low it's unusable, there is no real downside to giving this a try...

    If that does not work, we have a Xmas special on replacement packs, $495 excluding the spacer/clips and threaded rods.

    -Rod
    Submerge Scooters


    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Now you know why i bought it from you.. This trick has been around for many years in the RC racing world... So far I have helped at least 8 N-19 batteries "come back to Life" Not counting yours (of course I think Edd killed one of his)


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Nairne View Post
    If your pack is so low it's unusable, there is no real downside to giving this a try...

    If that does not work, we have a Xmas special on replacement packs, $495 excluding the spacer/clips and threaded rods.

    -Rod
    Submerge Scooters
    This is the procedure Rodney is referring to:

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I know of another person that is completely discharging his pack to 4 volts, and your old one Forrest, and claims to have it back up 60 or so minutes.
    Only try it as a last resort, because if it doesn't work, the battery will be totaled

    Thanks Rodney!

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #25

    Default

    My burn tester from SS cuts off at ?21 volts I think. How do I discharge it lower. Only getting 29 min right now on the burn tester from full charge of N-19 bat.

    Mark

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDoc View Post
    My burn tester from SS cuts off at ?21 volts I think. How do I discharge it lower. Only getting 29 min right now on the burn tester from full charge of N-19 bat.
    I stick a screwdriver blade between the terminals with the black wires on the low voltage cutoff module.

    I recovered some time from my battery pack with this method, but the discharge curve is lower. I also changed the LVC in both the burn tester and the scooter to cut off at just over 20VDC instead of 21.

    John



 

Similar Threads

  1. Battery Charging
    By wingman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 05:47 AM
  2. WTB - Used SS N-19 battery
    By Bob B in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
  3. Battery conversion?
    By robohips in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 07:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts