Royal Spring in Suwannee County -when clear- has a rather nice cavern. Max depth about 55' . You will want to check your finning as silting is likely to happen if not careful. Its located in a county park so no fees to dive. Located between Peacock Springs and Little River on the Suwannee. There is a cave ...DON"T BE TEMPTED!
Great question!!!! I used to live on the DZ in ZHills, but moved to Dallas in 05. I was on some Teams there (Thunder and last year Rogue). But I JUST moved from Dallas to the Fort Lauderdale area and have not picked a new home DZ. Been doing some jumping in Clewiston, and some in the Hills... Ironicly I am currently at my inlaws house in ZHills on my way to Peacock tomorrow.
AFF, Tandem, and SL instructor.
Just got Silver in 10 and 16 way at the Nationals.
You?
AFFI, SLI, PRO, CCD, Rigger
I'm taking it slow right now, so I can spend time with my kids.
Did 4-Way in nationals about 8 years ago, lost of work but also lots of fun
Does anyone have any experience with Lafayette Blue. The web site says no Open Water but the Ranger said no open water or cavern diving?
Does anyone have any experience with Ruth Springs??
Thanks again, we are slowly getting this trip planned.
David
The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham
Troy and Royal are worth it for Cavern level. You ca do both in half a day. You've pretty much exhausted the cavern sites. It's definitely time to move to Intro. Lloyd Bailey rents Y-valve single tanks. (Y-valves don't have a failure point like the H-valves). You could check if he's running a class, but this time of year he's getting into ski mode.
Safe diving
Hello again. Lafayette Blue is a fairly low vis and silty cavern area. I would think it's blown out right now since Madison is. Ruth does not have a cavern. It's a good place for you to get killed so please don't go there. I checked my 95s, they are not in visual, last hydro 05. genises manafold, $350. Scott has a set of 104s from the 70's that are not in vis, hydro 2008, scuba pro manafold. $400. My home email is [email protected] phone is 386-454-8378.
"Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
--Havelock Ellis
Bookmarks