Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11

    Default

    Buford is a great dive.... But you earn it. The hard work is one of the reasons the place is not trashed.

    For Cavern, I like Buford, Ginnie, Paradise, and Kings Spring in Crystal River.


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Like Mat said, Wakulla is likely blown out for a few weeks, if not longer. Even MMP looked murky when i drove by it this morning. the Chiploa rose 2 feet and is forecast to reach over 13 feet this weekend. If you're seriously interested in Intro, I have tanks with h-valves.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Age
    65
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Rainbow River is an interesting drift dive with some small caverns.


  4. #14

    Default

    I forgot to list that we have done

    Rainbow River we found three tiny caverns
    King Spring
    Vortex

    We have yet to visit Troy and Royal but I have heard they were not worth the trip.

    Walter,

    I went to the WCDC website, but I have not yet contacted WCDC, because it looked like you had to join before even learning what they are about. I think based on what I am hearing I need to join. Thank you for the info.


  5. #15

    Default

    SSMDIVE where do you jump?


  6. #16

    Default

    Matt or Walter,

    What does membership in WCDC include. How long does it take to join? Do they send you a card or put you on a list, in other words could I join by next weekend just to scout the place out?


  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Its pretty much instant with paypal, we update the list with payment.

    Gonna be around Saturday? We'll be clearing some downed trees on the trails to some of the sinks





    Royal sucks as an OW/Cavern dive, and I don't say that about many places...

    Troy, IMO, is worth checking out. Maybe not so much for the cavern, but for the OW shinanigans and the wreck found within the run.


  8. #18
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    If you have one or two friends that you are diving with, you might consider going in together on one doubles set up. Then you could at least take turns and get some dives with it until you're ready to buy more and take intro.

    I would definitely try to be headed that direction in some fashion, it will open up many more options for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackchains View Post
    Thank for the input so far.

    Belive me I live on Walter's site and I a have worn DeLoach's book out.

    The Intro Class is a little more difficult.

    We don't have doubles and want to purchase and become comfortable with them before we move forward with trainng.

    There is the H valve option but again unless we buy tanks, this is difficult. Rental gear with H vavles has in my experiience so far been hard to find.

    So for now we keep seeking out new caverns and go on the cheap. I do agree it is probably time to move on, I/we just need MONEY?

    So having said that, can anyone recommend something new to visit, no cavern is to small, that just leave time for another dive.

    Thanks again for your input!


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    A set of doubles sell for $350 on up for used. Sure your not just writing a book, or scamming for new cave? All that gas you guys have been burning means you must have some cash.
    Either way I have a set of doubles or two I will either sell you cheap or you can use up some gas, come up and help me put up a new fence on the farm. Always work needing to be done around here. Cindy 386-454-8378 (For now!) my email is [email protected]

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Cindy, do you have a set of 85s you want to get rid of?

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 01:57 PM
  2. ABWA - Dive Report - One dive closer to cavern!
    By mwhities in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 08:11 AM
  3. Where to cavern dive with doubles?
    By sclakediver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 12:03 AM
  4. Cheap or free cavern dive sites?
    By andrebasso in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 11:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts