Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Password update

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Password update

    The new software is asking for a new password. I found out you can keep your old one. Just put it in the "form" in three places

    If you already changed it, but want your old password back, go to the "User CP" link at the top of the page, then "Edit Email and Password", and you can change it there.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    The new software is asking for a new password. I found out you can keep your old one. Just put it in the "form" in three places

    If you already changed it, but want your old password back, go to the "User CP" link at the top of the page, then "Edit Email and Password", and you can change it there.
    What kind of computer security is that? Dood!


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    What kind of computer security is that? Dood!
    Like the CDF needs to be secure

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #4

    Default

    No need for a password change here. Mac using Safari 4.0.4. Just like always it logged me in automatically remembering my username and password, and took me straight to the forums page.

    Mark Vlahos


  5. #5

    Default

    Hmmm... same here I and I am running the much less exotic Windows Vista and IE.


  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Vlahos View Post
    No need for a password change here. Mac using Safari 4.0.4. Just like always it logged me in automatically remembering my username and password, and took me straight to the forums page.

    Mark Vlahos
    Same that I use at my desktop. But I'm on my PC laptop and it didn't prompt me, either.

    I think 4 years have gone by since FW last changed his password, and so the system is thinking, hmmm, maybe about time.....


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    It is relative to when you first logged into the new software, so YOUR time is coming

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is relative to when you first logged into the new software, so YOUR time is coming
    As it should!

    Whatever this system uses, it can't be nearly so onerous than at work where I between my office and my customer's, I have *7* computer network accounts! And they don't all have the same requirements. I can't make the passwords the same between them. Add those to the 30 or so accounts I have in the outside world--oy vey!

    But *some* minimal amount of security is a good idea.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    As it should!

    Whatever this system uses, it can't be nearly so onerous than at work where I between my office and my customer's, I have *7* computer network accounts! And they don't all have the same requirements. I can't make the passwords the same between them. Add those to the 30 or so accounts I have in the outside world--oy vey!

    But *some* minimal amount of security is a good idea.
    I have the same issues where I work, which Is why I don't need any new passwords!

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    As it should!

    Whatever this system uses, it can't be nearly so onerous than at work where I between my office and my customer's, I have *7* computer network accounts! And they don't all have the same requirements. I can't make the passwords the same between them. Add those to the 30 or so accounts I have in the outside world--oy vey!

    But *some* minimal amount of security is a good idea.
    We have the same security issues. Several different vendors who created various applications and for reasons that totally escape me no seemd to be abel to specifcy or agree on the same password protocols in terms of number of characters and combinations of upper and lower case, numbers and special characters. So most people have a list of passwords written down near the computer which sort of defeats the whole purpose. I am pretty sure the janitor could hack into half the computers on the floor even if he or she could not even read English.



 

Similar Threads

  1. update
    By mgersch in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
  2. PSSP update
    By Janet in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 06:34 PM
  3. update on conditions
    By Chuck from KY. in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 02:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts