Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 91 to 91 of 91
  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuck View Post
    cindy, there certainly could have been better planning & communication, but one thing that *was* clear is that there were 2 teams of 2. my bud & i did the gas stuff & safety stuff, and i thought the plan was clear though obviously it wasn't.

    no one went bonkers and everyone exited just fine - thank goodness - but it got us thinking how to prevent that first unsafe step or what to do in a similar situation another time. i think this has been a pretty good thread in general and thank everyone for their input.
    I did not come up with the Bonkers quote, someone else did. I was refuting it.
    If you are diving "with another team" and don't do the air mix, etc. Then you should not be involved in the their dive. That diver could have come up narced, out of air, etc. His buddy could have had problems waiting on him by herself. If that diver and his buddy had a problem what would you have done? Sent them a wet not saying "I'm sorry but we are two teams of two?" You guys went in with them. Frankly I don't care who was at fault nor am I responsible for giving absolution. I'm giving my personal Harpie opinion and from what I believe the training and standards are, ALL dives should have proper planning and communication with All the members. It's a skill that seems to no longer be a given. In general I would say that's too bad for all of us.

    Last edited by Cindy; 11-22-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis


 

Similar Threads

  1. OFG-1's useless..... MOVED to "The Fill Station"
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
  2. SOLD: Sherwood 300 Bar mainfold & 8"x3" bands
    By Oceanus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts