Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimie007 View Post
    IMHO Cave East rocks (best in cave country IMHO)... not so with the original Cave Excursion. I rarely go there and the few times I have been so so. Way too much attitude there. Not from Bill though.

    Once they made bad comments about a buddy of mine wearing a Dive Outpost shirt. Maybe the shop guy was trying to make it like "friendly competition" but that's not the way it came out. Great way to alienate potentially new customer by telling them the shop they normally go to sucks...
    My van has the Cave Outpost sticker on the bumper, no one has made any unfriendly comments there. Not defending anyone, just saying...

    Everytime I have been there I have been treated very well. Linda (Bill's daughter), is store manager now and is getting familiar with the customers and the shop itself. Bill has always been very good and shares his knowledge with everyone.

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    PS If the guy that was not so friendly was a big tall blonde kid, that would be Bill's grandson (I think) and no he was not so friendly, maybe shy perhaps?

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    No, it's not Mike, he only works there PRN now, and he is always friendly...

    Dive safe,

    Celia
    always friendly?
    must be a different mike


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    yeah Wayne is always always friendly...I'm not sure how he does it all the time. I was in east and it was eh...sort of like why am I bothering him...young guy.
    I've not been in west.
    Cathy and Wayne always offer a friendly greeting, day or night. It's worth it to me.

    ----
    Cave Mann

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I've probably been to CE more than any shop CEE is second. Bill is a great guy and everyone is friendly. Mike is just a different kind of friendly. I've seen him rub people the wrong way but I don't think it was meant as unfriendly.

    Bill's daughter is very nice and the tall blond is shy but hey so I am for the most part. I've got nothing against the outpost or any other place but I haven't gotten a fill anywhere else besides CE or CEE in quite some time. Both places feel like home to me.


  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    To be honest, I've never had a problem with ANY store. But it pays to remember that being a tank jockey pays REALLY badly. So every now and then these stores end up with someone that is difficult to deal with.

    Just let the owner know!

    All the OWNERS are really cool people. Cathy, Bill, Wayne, Rich (OK manager not owner but you get the point) - all cool.

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  6. #16
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    To be honest, I've never had a problem with ANY store. But it pays to remember that being a tank jockey pays REALLY badly.
    Andrew, One of may favorite books is "how to write really badly" but that's one you may not need to read.

    Also depending on how much you dive and your sac rate the "all you can breathe" deal can be sweet. I tried to get a job in cave country when i was on sabbatical just because of that feature. Bill

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pasco, Washington
    Posts
    99

    Default Luraville Dive shops

    My experiences over the last 8 years echo your description of Bill's place. I don't go there unless I lack another option. I always feel like I am not in their club.

    Cave East is a completely different experience. I like it there.

    I get a much better welcome down the road from Bill's...........and that has kept me coming back.


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    yea mike just has a personality that rubs people the wrong way.
    I personally like the guy. and bill's grandson is funny. not a diver but is really helpful. I like him too


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Smile

    Dive Outpost - friendly helpful people and Cathy's "deco cookies"!

    Mike


  10. #20
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    I think the best thing to do when encountering a rude employee is to speak to the owner privately, or if this isn't possible, e-mail him later. I'm sure he/she would want to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Andrew, One of may favorite books is "how to write really badly" but that's one you may not need to read.
    Anything like William Safire's "How to Write Good?"

    http://www.justriddlesandmore.com/writegood.html

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cave Excursions East
    By EGIB in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
  2. Holiday Hours at Cave Excursions East....
    By Rich in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 11:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts