Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 62 of 62
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    I'm in awe at how cool this cave is.

    The entrance is challenging, but probably doable in BM. Once you get down to 200 ft, the cave is so large that it's hard to know where to head. Oh - 10 ft of vis also makes it a little challenging.

    But it goes and goes and goes... currently heading Northwest which is a little unexpected, as Wakulla Springs is Northeast of here. Of course, I may have missed a passage that heads that way...

    And there is LOTS of beautiful cave in this area. I don't understand why it gets dived so little. It's awesome.

    Regards,

    Andrew
    mostly because of the conditions
    I'd dive them more if the conditions were better


  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    I'm in awe at how cool this cave is.

    The entrance is challenging, but probably doable in BM. Once you get down to 200 ft, the cave is so large that it's hard to know where to head. Oh - 10 ft of vis also makes it a little challenging.

    But it goes and goes and goes... currently heading Northwest which is a little unexpected, as Wakulla Springs is Northeast of here. Of course, I may have missed a passage that heads that way...

    And there is LOTS of beautiful cave in this area. I don't understand why it gets dived so little. It's awesome.

    Regards,

    Andrew
    I was not too far from there the first time I heard about it. I need to get back there with the appropriate mix.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley


 

Similar Threads

  1. Exploration and Innovation
    By Arctic Mike in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 04:50 PM
  2. Ginnie exploration
    By guru caver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
  3. Exploration Continued
    By Bobby in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts