Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default Exploration at Ginnie - my Article

    I thought I'd put this up as a warm-up to my talk at the NACD conference, and also for people who won't be going. I'll be showing some video of the first 800 ft of this cave, as well as talking about it.

    Here's an article that I wrote and that, one way and another, no-one wanted to publish:

    http://www.asainslie.com/documents/T...nix%20Line.pdf

    So what the hell, here it is! There's an incorrect reference, the real one is

    http://www.asainslie.com/videos/phoenix2.wmv


    Here are some video links to some other dives that I'll chat about:

    http://www.asainslie.com/videos/publicsecret.wmv

    http://www.asainslie.com/videos/cavefeb08_2.wmv

    If anyone has suggestions of stuff they'd like me to address please PM me.

    Regards,

    Andrew

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Interesting article. Thank you for sharing.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Uncomfortably far North of the Mill Pond.
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Thank you for sharing.



    Anthony

    Anthony

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    these dives are just mind blowing
    awesome work. it's a shame the first bit of it is getting trashed...


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eagle, Idaho
    Posts
    352

    Thumbs up

    Andrew, Very cool video and what a beautiful passage that is! I'm a little surprised by what appears to be evidence of a fair amount of traffic back there though. Thanks for carrying the camera all the way back so you could share it with us.

    Dave Grimm


    Now there was only me and this timeless, eternal cave. I felt part of things, a tolerant guest.
    by Rob Palmer from "Deep Into Blue Holes"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Enjoyed reading about the exploration, and watching the videos Thanks.

    WaltP

    Living in NJ is like being in prison !

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watauga TX
    Posts
    449

    Thumbs up

    I would much rather read about things like this and see video like this vs half the banter that flies on some boards.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Great stuff, thanks!


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    246 Bubbleless Cove
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Sweet stuff Andrew

    Meng Tze
    -Homo Bonae Voluntatis

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cartersville, GA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Great write up Andrew!

    Does anyone have a repost of the Phoenix2 video? I can download the other two videos fine (at 800Kbps at that), but the Phoenix2 video keeps choking out (and only starting abour 150Kbps).

    Thanks,
    Jeff



 

Similar Threads

  1. Exploration and Innovation
    By Arctic Mike in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 04:50 PM
  2. Ginnie exploration
    By guru caver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
  3. Exploration Continued
    By Bobby in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts