Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Ginnie's depth

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aainslie View Post
    I'd love to hear if anyone has pushed it deeper.

    I'll be presenting a map at the NACD conference that shows the new passage to a depth of 150 ft. To my knowledge, no one has surveyed it to 170 ft yet.

    And why the hell this is supposed to be a big secret I'll never know.
    don't you know only certain divers are awesome enough to be allowed access to that section? the rest of us would trash it because we suck at cave diving.
    especially you andrew! :P


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA, CA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    don't you know only certain divers are awesome enough to be allowed access to that section? the rest of us would trash it because we suck at cave diving.
    especially you andrew! :P


    Quote Originally Posted by chilldive View Post
    I beginning to learn (I'm slow) that everything in cave diving is a secret until everyone else discovers it.

    Dipping to 170 after traveling 3500+ ft in, would make for some interesting logistics - at least from what I'm used to.
    Yeah, it makes for interesting gas planning, with backgas being a lit lighter than the stages. Also made deco planning interesting. Thank goodness for my X1!

    Andrew Ainslie

    Almost extinct cave diver

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Now if you just had the right map....

    safe diving,

    Rich
    That map would do me no good except to look at the pretty picture. That dive does not sound like one I would care to do.

    Russel


 

Similar Threads

  1. Depth
    By J_glenn06 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 06:58 AM
  2. Scuba Tools found at Ginnie's
    By DR2K in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
  3. Unconscious diver at depth
    By caver in forum Polls
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
  4. More Cave Damage at Ginnie's Devil's System
    By Gary in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 08:05 AM
  5. Safety stop depth
    By stairman in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts