Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RN View Post
    Sharing reels has been discussed. The issue is when you get there and all 6 teams are already in the cave and you're part of the 7th team.

    As for Devil's, I realize it's used for training, but so is P1 and classes still run reels back to the signs there, so why not extend the gold line at Devil's to the edge of the OW area in the Ear? Classes could still run primaries there for practice, but divers not in class wouldn't have to spider web the ear with their own lines.

    Or you could extend the lines out to open water in Peacock (instead of three feet into the overhead) and cut the line in Devil's back to the Lips.......

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    P.S. Rob, I hear you'll be demonstrating how to run a line in the Ear and Eye for students at Devil's next week anyways, so have fun with it....

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

  2. #42

    Default

    I remember seeing a "temporary permanent" line running off the gold line at devil's with a slate reading "to eye" with a large line arrow pointing to (obviously) the eye. The line ended at the deco area. Is this still installed on busy days to accommodate the in the ear, out the eye divers? Has there been any discussion about making it part of the gold line, or has that been done? Seems to me I remember some folks discussing it last time I was down.

    I have also seen the gold line run to a bucket sign just inside the chimney before, and several lines run from the log to the sign. What a cluster**** that was. We just shook our heads and decided to forego the line on that dive. It looked like the fishing lines in the bottom of my truck toolbox. Talk about your entanglement hazard. Good luck ok-ing that mess. (Can you imagine the IR on that one? "TRAINED CAVE DIVER BEATEN TO DEATH BY FLOW WHILE TANGLED IN MULTIPLE SAFETY LINES.") Better to just go out the eye!

    DD


  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Branford
    Age
    79
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    so, remind me again what was the original question in this thread?????

    Dive safe,

    Celia, donning the Nomex....
    I have seen the Peacock entrance so green I struggled to find my way out: but 99% of the time, a line in the cavern is only a nuisance for others.

    My suggestion is: if you need or want a line, then run it. If not, don't do it.


  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puttzer View Post
    I have seen the Peacock entrance so green I struggled to find my way out: but 99% of the time, a line in the cavern is only a nuisance for others.

    My suggestion is: if you need or want a line, then run it. If not, don't do it.
    Succint and to the point, I like that....

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    P.S. Rob, I hear you'll be demonstrating how to run a line in the Ear and Eye for students at Devil's next week anyways, so have fun with it....
    I have no problem running a line in Devil's, Ear or Eye. I demonstrate running one in JB to all my classes. It's actually easier to run one in the Ear.

    Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley


 

Similar Threads

  1. Looks like we're up an running
    By Line Squirrel in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 07:51 PM
  2. Running primary at Little River...or not
    By crawford in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
  3. He Running Low?
    By jdsffa in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 02:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts