Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    124

    Default D ring holder for mounting light to backplate

    I've been mounting my Diver Rite wreck light canister to my CCR O2 tank, but would like to change that to a backplate mounting using quick links for better flexibility while scootering. Can someone point me to a d-ring holder that works well in this application? I picked up some at Divegear express, but they're so heavy/robust that I don't think I can use them without breaking the cannister.

    I'm looking for the d-ring holder that captures a 1 inch d-ring, and is then in turn captured/fastened to the cannister with a hose clamp.

    If you have an alternative method of mounting to a backplate, please share it.

    Thanks for your help.

    Paul


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Are you looking for something like this? http://www.diverite.com/products/catalog/nomad/ac3010
    It's a piece of 1-inch webbing with two 1-inch D-rings and quick links


  3. #3

    Default

    If you purchased part number HW1081, then it should work. After you install the D-ring, use a pair of pliers to squeeze the holder together in the back. this will make it form around the canister better. then just put the clamps through it as normal.


  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BackstageDiver View Post
    Are you looking for something like this? http://www.diverite.com/products/catalog/nomad/ac3010
    It's a piece of 1-inch webbing with two 1-inch D-rings and quick links
    This is what I used for a while with a canister, then an argon bottle. Its a simple cheap system that works well. I just don't care for messing with quick links.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Crying

    Quote Originally Posted by BackstageDiver View Post
    Are you looking for something like this? http://www.diverite.com/products/catalog/nomad/ac3010
    It's a piece of 1-inch webbing with two 1-inch D-rings and quick links
    Thats the set up I have used for years with all my lights. It works well for me.

    roadkill


 

Similar Threads

  1. Dive Rite Battery Holder for MLS Cannister
    By tdmp in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 12:04 AM
  2. No mounting Cassidy
    By Craig G. in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 08:42 AM
  3. bi-linear cross connect, side mounting
    By D1V3R in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 11:44 PM
  4. mounting an argon bottle
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 04:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts