Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 22 of 22
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I agree with using Flonase. We've been using it for over 3 years and haven't had any issues/side effects. We also got the "thumbs up" from DAN on this med.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    In reference to afrin. As said before we use this exclusively with our students at the dive school. Our students use afrin while diving the mk-25 re-breathers, which is a a 99.9 (100%) pure o2 rig. They dive these rigs at night in less then minimal conditions for up to 3 hours in some cases, and I have yet to hear of a case of a student getting cns or pulminary o2 tox from a nasal deco. Also there are only 3 cranial nerves which occupy the spaces in which a nasal deco would be used and they are not affected by either the nasal deco or o2 absorbtion. O2 tox is caused by the body metabolising and absorbing to much of the o2. from everything I have read and understand nasal deco in no way speeds this up. Obviously anything can happen but if there were ever a breeding ground for o2 tox I would think it would at our school and like I said no cases yet. As said by many people much smarter then I if you have to use something to allow your self to dive it is probaly a a good idea to stay out of the warter. Chances are there is a much greater underlying problem which is causing the nasal problem.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts