Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amphipod06 View Post
    PS and buy your annual pass at Peacock so the money stays close and benefits the park more directly (Janet told me that a long time ago)
    Is there a way to buy a pass through Peacock online or do you have to be there in person?

    9/11....... I remember .........

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    Is there a way to buy a pass through Peacock online or do you have to be there in person?
    No, unfortunately you have to be there and buy it from the ranger....the good news is that you can do it next time you come down and just wait until they show up to pay for it.

    They are also able to take major credit cards or checks!!

    Dive safe,

    Celia

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Branford
    Age
    79
    Posts
    856

    Default PSSP pass

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    Is there a way to buy a pass through Peacock online or do you have to be there in person?
    Are you saying if I buy a family season pass on the internet, it won't apply cover diving at PSSP?


  4. #24
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    No, they're saying if you buy it online the money goes into the general fund. If you buy it at Peacock they get to keep all the money.

    But I was told at both St. Andrews SP and Camp Helen SP that that's not true. So I don't know.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    No, they're saying if you buy it online the money goes into the general fund. If you buy it at Peacock they get to keep all the money.

    But I was told at both St. Andrews SP and Camp Helen SP that that's not true. So I don't know.
    Mmmmm, that is what Janet tol me a long time ago. It may have changed (like everything else). I suppose we could ask them to pipe in. If it is not true, then the internet option is clearly more attractive (me included) for the annual pass...

    Dive safe,

    Celia


    PS Can anyone verify this please?

    "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    ...Buddha

    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it’s even tougher if you're stupid.''
    - John Wayne

  6. #26

    Smile fee

    Hello,
    Cynthia emailed me to so I could answer this question. If you renew online I was told all the
    money goes into Homossassa Springs books, all the money raised at all the parks
    goes to Tallahassee. A state park is like any business, for instance because PSSP's revenue
    increased so much a few years ago we were able to hire a 20 hour per week OPS park ranger. but that was before the budget crunch. So my opinion is if your not going to be at the park before July 1 renew online to save the $20. increase. Do remember Madison Blue does not sell passes at the park, unless that recently changed so go to PSSP or Suwannee
    River State Park before going to Madison or for convience sake order online.
    Safe diving Janet.


  7. #27
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Thanks Janet!

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Peacock 1/25/09
    By Scubastud16 in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
  2. Peacock - 09/06/08
    By jeandiver in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 02:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts