Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Peacock open

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    No where... formerly Miami, FL. Athens, GA, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    The question is, to me, what constitutes "Full Cave," since no agency currently issues a certification with that title?
    you causing trouble again

    The shoals are there still, the winds howl loud, the rain beats down, the waves burst strong. Some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy. John T. Cunningham

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oviedo, FL
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I thought it was rather ambiguous myself. How the sign reads could mean only open for cave diving, not cavern or OW. I dunno

    Just trying not to go above my level of certification and cause problems.

    ~Kevin

    "Bad brakes never stopped anyone. Besides, all they do is slow you down."

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scblade27 View Post
    This is the picture of the sign posted. I assume that refers to everyone lower than Full Cave
    You're right, after seeing your photo, I would have to assume the same. It's not worded very well is it?

    Last edited by Line Squirrel; 06-03-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

  4. #24
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Cave Diver Arrow

    Geeze, that was an old photo I took on Sunday... things change...
    I called Rick the Ranger there and here is the current status of Peacock Springs:

    Its open to everyone except cavern and open water divers. Intro, Basic, Apprentice, Full, Cave I, Cave II, Cave III, and all cavern & cave instructors with classes are good to go....

    Dive Safe!

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Geeze, that was an old photo I took on Sunday... things change...
    I called Rick the Ranger there and here is the current status of Peacock Springs:

    Its open to everyone except cavern and open water divers. Intro, Basic, Apprentice, Full, Cave I, Cave II, Cave III, and all cavern & cave instructors with classes are good to go....

    Dive Safe!
    Ditto on that I also talked with Rick.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sskasser View Post
    The question is, to me, what constitutes "Full Cave," since no agency currently issues a certification with that title?
    My tdi card says full cave on the back. Guess I'm good to go

    _____________________________________________
    Ryan Battles

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oviedo, FL
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Its open to everyone except cavern and open water divers.
    Dive Safe!

    Great news. Thanks.

    ~Kevin

    "Bad brakes never stopped anyone. Besides, all they do is slow you down."

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooksville & Luraville, Fl.
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Bobbi & I did a dive last Sun. 9 am "Yes it was open already range was asking for full cave cards" (Just main line past pot hole and back (to steps) then a trip around to the water hole jump. We cleaned some line on both sides and move tree limbs. There are patches of "blue-purple" fluffy stuff on the floor here & there????. (Bobbi said its dead fish) . Vis = avr. 20' then & tanic. FYI like mentioned before there is alot of silt on everything and no current. All flood damage to house is fixed, and we are back to diving full time again

    Happiness is living close to the Nest & having your weekend house next to Cow Springs!!
    TDI & SDI Instructor #16934, PADI - Tec/Rec #MSDT 271247
    Cavern, Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Deep, Trimix

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ft. White , Florida
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Speaking of Peacock:
    Since I am back to my Boston routine next week...

    Would anyone be diving Peacock tomorrow (Fri Jun 4) or Saturday ???
    I would like to take a peek in my FAV cave (SMILE)

    Beano

    Oh Lord , keep us safe , ALWAYS safe , and keep ME PRUDENT , ALWAYS PRUDENT !!!

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Branford
    Age
    79
    Posts
    856

    Default PSSP conditions

    Average viz = 20': and now it's raining .

    When conditions are already this bad, how does the rain affect the visability?



 

Similar Threads

  1. Peacock open?
    By DaveP in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
  2. When will Peacock open to non-diving access?
    By runawaylobster in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
  3. Peacock Springs is open to cave diving.
    By Janet in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
  4. Peacock is open
    By Rob_M in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 01:58 AM
  5. Peacock Springs open for diving
    By Janet in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts