Any word on Ginnie Springs and where the are at right now
Any word on Ginnie Springs and where the are at right now
I'm diving there later this afternoon and will post a report. My understanding is that they are open for cave diving, but I haven't heard any condition reports. You may want to give them a call.
From Ginnie's website
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Ginnie Springs Outdoors is OPEN! Due to the river conditions all water activities will be limited to the spring area. Waterfront campsites will not be available through this weekend.
Next update will be Friday, Apr. 17.
when I stopped there late last night the water was up in the grass and in front of the stairs leading on to the Little Devils deck. The spring run looked clear.
Cheers!!
Doing It Caverkevin
If someone could post photos for the rest of us.
Thanks
I just left - it is still open.
2 steps dry at Devil's Eye steps.
The water is still clear at the Eye entrance.
Last edited by Jim Wyatt; 04-16-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Jim Wyatt
Cavediveflorida
If you would like to dive Ginnie with no-flow and crystal clear water, now it the time. Ken and I just finished a dive this evening with those conditions. Its quite a trip to swim through the lips with Peacock-like effort. Both platforms are well out of the water and the run is fairly clear.
+1 for the picture request.. I'd like to see the water level..
A computer once beat me at Chess but it was no match for me at Kick Boxing....
lol hopefully Ginnie stays open till sunday or late saturday at that, any predictions?
Bookmarks